“Close to hotel”

Ranked #41 of 149 Restaurants in Courtenay
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Canadian, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Plates Eatery is a modern full service, family friendly, casual dining spot open for breakfast and lunch 7 days a week from 7 am to 3 pm. Every Thursday night offering our famous Roast Beef and Yorkshire buffet. (From 4:30pm) Our menus (including prices) are on our website.We are fully licensed, have an outdoor patio in good weather, and provide complete off premise catering services.
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Family friendly atmosphere, attentive servers. Great little area for kids to play whilst waiting for our food. We'll return again.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

I chose to eat here only because I checked out of my previous motel because of the horrible food and treatment at Oh So Yummy. I checked into the Travelodge. This restaurant is right next door. I will give it a mixed review. I ate here twice. The first morning I had a waffle – most excellent. It was one of the best I’ve ever had. The second morning I had eggs benedict. The eggs, ham and English muffin were all fine. The hollandaise was quite strange and really didn't have any flavor whatsoever. The potatoes were horrific. They were those awful tater tot things that you might be able to get your kids to eat but you would never touch yourself. I only ate 1.

1  Thank Al J
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I donno. It looks like an old diner - has license plates (hence the name) and old gas station memorabilia. The waitresses look like they came from the Time Machine as well. Alas. Frozen boring fries, pre-fab burgers...etc.

1  Thank Easygoing-11
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Plates makes one of the best Ruben sandwiches we have had anywhere. They are so big my wife and I split one between us.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

What can I say, we went out for bacon and eggs and that's what we got. We mentioned pre ordering that we would consider having decaff for breakfast and by the time we got around to ordering, the waitress mentioned she had put on a fresh pot, which was a nice anticipation on her part. Otherwise, fast service, average food. Good price for breakfast.