“The best breakfast place in the valley.”

The Hen and Hog Cafe
Ranked #4 of 142 Restaurants in Courtenay
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Comox, British Columbia, Canada
“The best breakfast place in the valley.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Dave. The owner is one of the most genuine kind hearted people I've ever met. And the hand made food is to die for. Must try the special Benny's. With three types of holly sauce, the food is anything but boring.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Katie M

Port McNeill, Canada
“excellent breakfast - I can't wait to return”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This tiny little restaurant served up a great breakfast. I had eggs benny with yam and feta and then each had a different bernaise sauce on top. One was chipotle and one was curry. Both delicately flavoured and delicious. The coffee is good and the owner is the server and loves his work, and shows a real interest in the customers.

• Visited March 2014
Courtenay, British Columbia, Canada
“great breakfasts and gluten free”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

great food with a touch of mexican. The corn cakes with eggs and bacon is a great way to avoid gluten. I get beans instead of potatoes with corn tortillas.

Visited January 2014
Vancouver Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious scratch made breakfast and lunch.”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

One of the best breakfasts I've had anywhere. Lovingly prepared homemade food streams out if the tiny kitchen and is served by the super friendly owner. It's obvious they really care.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Fishhead_9
Courtenay, Canada
“Brunch”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My husband has been to this cafe a couple of times so when it was my birthday he asked if i would like to go for brunch. He ordered an omelet and I decided on crepes. The crepes were wonderful with a variety of fresh fruit and whip cream, all gorgeously displayed on my plate. Delicious!! My husband enjoyed his omelet and he said it was awesome. We were served by who I assume is the owner. Great service, warm and welcoming. I would highly recommend this Cafe and am looking forward to our next visit

• Visited January 2014