“STAY AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE!!”
Review of Comox Valley Inn

Comox Valley Inn
Comox Valley Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Courtenay
Victoria
“STAY AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE!!”
Reviewed 23 July 2009

This place was a total dump....disgusting. No clock radio; dresser falling apart; curtains missing hooks & hard to open; no a/c; bathroom outdated...toilet not even flushed to the wall; only one bed side table & one lamp only in room; limited cable channels; Wifi was a joke...barely got any signal; coffee pot was dirty....I washed it and the towel was brown; unsealed stroyfoam cups for coffee; ice bucket was one of the type of plastic containers you get for take out chinese food...and it was dirty; door had been broken into...wood was split on door with a ton of nails to hold it together.
Thank god after being there about 3 hours I got a call that my mother was ill and I had to check out. I did get a full refund even tho I told them to keep one night pymt. Got to the Travelodge down the road to meet a friend to take me home. After placing a few more phone calls I got the proper info and my mother was not as ill as was first told and I could finish my vacation in a wonderful wonderful Travelodge room!!
The only reason I am giving this so called hotel one star is because it is a required option that you have to fill out.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank maiden57

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Vancouver Island
Reviewed 3 March 2009

We have been staying at this hotel when we travel to the Comox Valley for the past twenty years . This will be the last time ever. The room was freezing cold , never did warm up even with the heat turned up full.Left over pizza on the floor, drink stains on the walls , burns on the toilet seats. Tried to make tea and the kettle blew a breaker in the middle of the night , so no lights until morning. Nice wake up call at 7:20 am that we did not order. The front desk staff just laughed when we told him about the breaker and the wake up call . We will be going up the street next time, where they have coffee makers and real coffee in their rooms not just a kettle that blows breakers and instant coffee...yuc!! Never again!!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sea-lioness

Travellers are raving about these Courtenay hotels

Parksville, Canada
Reviewed 28 December 2008

Stayed here for a hockey tournament and got the suite. Smelled bad, hairs in the bathroom, no bedside lights, old food beside the bed. The in room coffee was a kettle, two styrofoam cups and a package of instant coffee!

My son went to the pool which was too cold and the hot tub was over 105F (too hot!). Staff was not very nice. We booked two nights but when we got there asked to cancel the second night and they wouldn't let us. We left anyway.

If you like 1950's blue bathroom fixtures, a dirty room, no lighting and paper thin walls then this place is for you!

Stayed December 2008
nelson
Reviewed 2 September 2008

this place was disgusting, it smelt mouldy and like stale cigerette smoke, furnishing were dated maybe to the 80's, definatley no go for families if you expect hygeine, maybe ok for single male?? reception not very welcolming we looked at the room and then asked for a refund 15 minutes later and left.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mrsjo53
BC
Reviewed 12 August 2008

My daughter and I stayed here last minute. The staff were very friendly, accommodating, but the hotel room was below standard.

The washroom was all brand new equipment, but the room was below my standard. The TV was old, the dressers and nightstands are dated, the bed was comfortable, but I cut my foot on the bedrail as it was just a piece of wood, carpeted, but not completed. The ceiling was stained, my daughter and I were trying to guess what it might be. The windows are brand new, we did not check out the pool facilities, but, for $85 it was just a place to sleep.

I am sure they are still in the renovating stage, but I am not staying there this coming trip. Perhaps I will check them out in the next year, but not now.

• Liked — the price
  • Disliked — the room
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
BC, Canada
Reviewed 17 November 2007

Our room was acceptable, its an older building but renovated.
Don't have high expectation. We stayed there with our hockey team and 2 couples left because they had bugs in there room.
Our room was bug free and clean but I would not stay there again.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — the building
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vancouver BC
Reviewed 11 October 2007

I had a nice room with a kitchen so it wasn't much money considering that I made my breakfast in the room. THere is a handy walkway beside a river that we used to go into downtown and also the other way to more sightseeing.
Before booking we compared prices and were suprised at what we got here.

We loved it!

PS new name iss Comox Valley Inn

• Liked — close to town and lots to do
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank Sweet_Peter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Courtenay
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW
#6 of 9 in Courtenay
Anco Inn
Anco Inn
#7 of 9 in Courtenay

Been to Comox Valley Inn? Share your experiences!