“Got Skunked.”

Beaumont, Alberta, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Got Skunked.”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

First of all, Kevin and his boat are nice. A group of us went out with Kevin for a six hour fishing trip which ended with six hours of no bites. We basically putted around with two lines out and fished the same area. Not sure what to say there, luck of the draw I guess. We thought that we would have better results retrieving the four prawn traps that he had set out the night before. NOPE! Six measly prawns. Ok, let’s check the crab pots, "those are usually a guarantee"... One under sized crab. Brutal! We headed back to the dock and I would've thought perhaps we'd get a discount for going home empty handed, but that wasn't the case. We were still charged the full $525. That left a bad taste in our mouths. I realize nothings a guarantee, but as a business, you want your clients happy, keep them happy, if you don't produce the service that you provide, give them a deal. ike I said, Nice enough guy and tells alot of "war stories" and good boat but paying full price for nothing in the end wasn't cool.

Visited May 2014

Vermilion
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A Fabulous Time”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My husband and I, along with our eight-year-old son, went on a fishing/touring charter with Kevin in August 2013 and it was one of the highlights of our trip to Vancouver Island. The other review on Tripadvisor submitted by Q2SHOOT pretty much says it all: Kevin is a great guide and an all-around nice guy. The boat is clean, well-kept, safe, and very comfortable. The scenery is beautiful, and the fishing is tons of fun. If you want to book a fishing charter on Vancouver Island and don't have a clue who to book it with, look no further. Book with Kevin and you will not be dissappointed.

Visited August 2013
Toronto
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Fishing with Kevin”
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I had a bit of trouble convincing my wife to go salmon fishing while we were on Vancouver Island, but in the end she agreed and off we went with our son and his friend. I arranged over the phone the timing of our excursion with Kevin Zawislake, Owner and Guide of VanIsle Fishing and Marine Adventures. I was impressed that he just said to meet us at his boat without any kind of deposit or pre-payment, just my phone number. He sounded like a great guy on the phone. My instincts were correct, as from the minute we stepped out on his boat up until the end of our charter, Kevin was a true professional, friendly, knowledgeable, funny and entertaining. His boat was ship shape, with both open and enclosed areas, clean and well maintained and you knew he had your safety in mind at all times.

We spent about 5 hours salmon, prawn and crab fishing, but I still felt shortchanged as the time flew by so quickly. I felt like I should have booked a whole day. It was one of those memorable days that you don't forget about. We ate both raw and cooked prawns on the boat and were amazed at the difference in taste at being freshly caught as opposed to ordering fresh from a market or restaurant. Something about catching and eating them right away, just can't be beat. The scenery was spectacular and the wildlife impressive as was Kevin's knowledge of the marine life along Vancouver Island's coast.

We all enjoyed ourselves tremendously, especially my wife and are looking forward to returning to Vancouver Island to spend another afternoon on Kevin's boat. A first rate and highly recommended experience.

Visited September 2012