“Busy, good food, "interesting" service”

Manvirros Indian Grill
Ranked #8 of 145 Restaurants in Courtenay
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I dined with two friends and we had a discount coupon that I had purchased. They got there before me and had waited - when I showed up, we asked if we could order right away. Well no, first we were offered drinks. OK...we ordered drinks. Well no...then there is a period of time when one possibly should be eating an appetizer (but we didn't order one). Much time went by before we could order. More time went by before the food came. It was good, spiced wonderfully. We ate and talked our way through the meal happily.

Time to pay. We produced the coupon. The person who served us (but also seemed to be in charge) announced that our coupon had already been used. "Well no - I bought it and I've never been here before." There was a LONG MOMENT before he said, "Well I guess I have to take your word for it." He didn't have to take my word for it. I had a coupon! They were scratching the numbers off a sheet as they came in. I presume that someone crossed off the wrong line. I didn't like that moment at all. Hence, a less that stellar review.

The good news, you can order your food to the hotness that you wish. And it comes exactly that way. Very very yummy curries and dishes!

1  Thank Easygoing-11

Reviewed 29 September 2013

3 friends & I had lunch at Manvirro's a couple of days ago-return visit for me, new for my friends. We were warmly welcomed. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Relaxed atmosphere. We ordered 4 dishes to share plus naan & rice: chicken korma, lamb coconut, spinach paneer & an eggplant dish. All were delicious; we would have them again - if we aren't checking out other dishes on the menu. We all agreed that we would come again. Our only wish was that there was a lunch buffet.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Great service and food. Prompt, tasty, inexpensive. Free parking, authentic Indian food. The servings were of good size and the cuisine true Indian. We'll return again.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Had been 5 times before, found a very long,blond hair in my curry, told the server.....he came back with the hair and told us everyone in the kitchen had short, black hair !!! The owner came over with the hair and held it up to my head and said the same thing, what happened to an apology and that would have been that, with a new curry dish ???
Don't bother going here, Parksville Indian is much better !!!!

3  Thank bailey374
Reviewed 25 August 2013

the food was great the service was great :D me and my boyfriend loved it and would definately go again. it was also a very relaxing environment. highly recommended that u go there and try the prawn vindaloo if u like spicy food :)