“A regular visit”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Campbell River, Canada
“A regular visit”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Have been using this restaurant since it opened. I had given up on getting a hot curry in Canada (45 years of living in the U.K.) so was delighted to finally find somewhere that could do a hot Vindaloo curry. Curry is a very good effort and the heat is very good for a vindaloo. All curry dishes are offered at different heat/spice levels but cant see the point of having a mild vindaloo or spoiling a Korma by making it hot. think this practice should be dropped and get educated on the different curry types. Will visit again.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank John L

BC
“Finally Indian Food in the Comox Valley!”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I am so happy that we have an Indian Food restaurant in Courtenay now!

The food is decent, large portions. The Naan is very good, we always get the garlic naan. Lentil Dahl is very good, and of course butter chicken.

Pretty good prices too for what you get.

• Visited September 2013
Vancouver
“Butter chicken”
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

Hands down the worst butter chicken I have ever had. It was yellow in colour (should always be red) and it was sweet! Service was fairly slow but friendly and the lamb vindaloo was decent. Will definitely not be back!

4 Thank danifinny
Courtenay, Canada
“Busy, good food, "interesting" service”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I dined with two friends and we had a discount coupon that I had purchased. They got there before me and had waited - when I showed up, we asked if we could order right away. Well no, first we were offered drinks. OK...we ordered drinks. Well no...then there is a period of time when one possibly should be eating an appetizer (but we didn't order one). Much time went by before we could order. More time went by before the food came. It was good, spiced wonderfully. We ate and talked our way through the meal happily.

Time to pay. We produced the coupon. The person who served us (but also seemed to be in charge) announced that our coupon had already been used. "Well no - I bought it and I've never been here before." There was a LONG MOMENT before he said, "Well I guess I have to take your word for it." He didn't have to take my word for it. I had a coupon! They were scratching the numbers off a sheet as they came in. I presume that someone crossed off the wrong line. I didn't like that moment at all. Hence, a less that stellar review.

The good news, you can order your food to the hotness that you wish. And it comes exactly that way. Very very yummy curries and dishes!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Easygoing-11
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Delicious Lunch, Friendly Welcome”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

3 friends & I had lunch at Manvirro's a couple of days ago-return visit for me, new for my friends. We were warmly welcomed. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Relaxed atmosphere. We ordered 4 dishes to share plus naan & rice: chicken korma, lamb coconut, spinach paneer & an eggplant dish. All were delicious; we would have them again - if we aren't checking out other dishes on the menu. We all agreed that we would come again. Our only wish was that there was a lunch buffet.

• Visited September 2013