“Gluten Free at Manvirros!”

Manvirros Indian Grill
Ranked #8 of 149 Restaurants in Courtenay
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 February 2014

After discovering that most menu choices at Manvirros are gluten free, we have returned there a number of times in the past 6 weeks! I've now tried several of their lamb dishes, a couple chicken dishes, and most delicious of all, a Prawn Diwala that had a sauce so yummy that I was tempted to pick up the plate and lick it clean! I am now determined to try every gluten free item on their menu! The only things I was unable to sample were the samosas and the naan bread, both of which my family assures me are totally scrumptious! They always order the garlic naan bread, which looks and smells divine. The servers are attentive and charming, and we always leave full and happy!

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Wow! That was a great meal! My wife is a vegetarian and had numerous choices from the menu, and none of them was "Well, we have a green salad, lady..." We started with some delicious samosas and dipping sauces. Our tastebuds said "made fresh...yummmmm..." and I followed up with the combo dish on the back page of the menu which included naan bread, rice (cooked like I never can!) and a sauce that was so creamy and sweet and spicy and just hot enough and tantalizing, with tender meat in it. My wife also had a curry sauce that was distinctive, coconutty and a blend of creamy vegetables. Then we finished off with chai and a creamed cottage cheese dish that both refreshed the palate and sent us home with the certainty that we will be returning for special occasions. The service was friendly, helpful and engaging.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Have been using this restaurant since it opened. I had given up on getting a hot curry in Canada (45 years of living in the U.K.) so was delighted to finally find somewhere that could do a hot Vindaloo curry. Curry is a very good effort and the heat is very good for a vindaloo. All curry dishes are offered at different heat/spice levels but cant see the point of having a mild vindaloo or spoiling a Korma by making it hot. think this practice should be dropped and get educated on the different curry types. Will visit again.

1  Thank John L
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I am so happy that we have an Indian Food restaurant in Courtenay now!

The food is decent, large portions. The Naan is very good, we always get the garlic naan. Lentil Dahl is very good, and of course butter chicken.

Pretty good prices too for what you get.

Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

Hands down the worst butter chicken I have ever had. It was yellow in colour (should always be red) and it was sweet! Service was fairly slow but friendly and the lamb vindaloo was decent. Will definitely not be back!

4  Thank danifinny