“First Visit Today, Definitely Returning”

Cappuccino Grande Cafe
Ranked #1 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Courtenay
Cuisines: German, Austrian, Cafe, European, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Vancouver Island, Canada
“First Visit Today, Definitely Returning”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Central location on Courtenay's main street downtown-5th Street. Delicious European-style pastries and lunches. We stopped for morning tea/snack after the farmers market today. Puff pastry with filling and fresh blueberries fresh out of the oven-yum. Pleasant setting, very clean, friendly owner. Front window is garage-style door that rolls up during good weather so becomes like a sidewalk cafe. Will try the soup and lunches next time.

• Visited May 2014
15 Thank ravenjoy

Comox BC
“Continuing Enjoyment”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Adding to my previous experiences here, we continue to be overjoyed with the quality of the food here. Amazing soups, fabulous baguettes (which we buy a couple of and bring home to enjoy longer). Linzer Torte which even my Austrian born DH had not had but just loved as did I (though not cheap!). It goes on and on. Soups - Asparagus soup with real pieces of Asparagus, Tomato Soup and a little spicy, good and not your average Campbells or even close, and yes Brussels Sprouts soup! Not a big an of BS's but this was pretty darn good. I'm sure there will be more in my future. :-))
Go here as you will have no regrets.

• Visited May 2014
14 Thank WCGal
Edmonton, Canada
“Stopped for Coffee - until we heard about the soup, until we saw the strudel”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

You've heard of sticker creep when buying a house or car. Well, we experienced flavour creep when we stopped by the Cappucccino Grande Cafe. Start a clean, comfortable location on a Main Street. Add friendly service. Stir in FRESH ingredients; I.e., the corn soup was made using locally grown corn, not canned. The waitress/owner was gently asked our indulgence if the soup needed salt because they wanted their food to be healthy. We found the fresh, local ingredients to add to the dishes. Slices of French baguette which accompanied our Corn Soup were so good, we had to try more of their baked goods prepared on site. A natural choice was the strudel (fresh daily). We were not disappointed. The crust was crispy and the apple filling had just the right amount of sweetness. Even the bottom crust remained crisp even though it had conceivably been baked that morning. Treat yourself to a visit here!

• Visited October 2013
14 Thank outboundticket
Comox BC
“True Austrian Pastry - Delightful & Delish”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We've just discovered Cappuccino GC although I gather they have been in business for some time. We don't get out much! :-)))
Austrian born DH says Edmund makes the BEST Strudel he has ever had and I, who does not eat dessert as a general rule, absolutely adore his Raspberry Rouladen - like a jelly roll but with raspberries rather than jelly and some brown sugar in the 'cake portion'. It is Fabulous!
I've also experienced the Red Pepper + Omelette with the yummy bread and also agree it is deelish. Have had a Bavarian Meatloaf Sandwich on Ciabatta I believe - DH & I shared and both agreed it was another yum moment. Need to try the soups!
Edmund and Danielle are both delightful and we expect to be seeing them often. Not good for the waistline but really good for the tummy. :-)
Open for breakfast and lunch - until 2PM I believe.

• Visited July 2013