When we arrived, our check in was quick and convenient. There was one other reservation checking in but another clerk came to assist us right away. Once we arrived in our room we were pleasantly greeted by a specious and well appointed 2 bedroom suite with a balcony overlooking the pool and hottub area. The onsite restaurant Locals, across the way was nicely landscaped and in the bright Spring day we were immediately 'on our mini vacation'. Two small items we noticed due to the sun shining in were addressed immediately by housekeeping and maintenance. We enjoyed a swim prior to our spa app'ts and although we had planned on using our kitchen suite, at the last minute we decided to go to the restaurant without reservations. We were promptly served and seated within 5 minutes. I loved my king sized bed and the attached ensuite although, I did find the bed to be overly hard.
If I was to be honest about my Spa experience, I would add that my app't was late enough to ask (I was not wearing my watch) although I was asked to be 15 minutes early. There was a wedding party booked in so my app't was tight and I was not able to coordinate with another service I was hoping for (this was my fault) but having said that, it appeared to me that the lounge area was actually a mini 'shower' as they were allowed snacks and beverages from offsite and were socializing in a way that was not very relaxing to other guests. The wedding party were taken to their app'ts and others were left to take over the space so that other spa guests had to sit outside in the hallway chairs. I was happy enough for the wedding party to enjoy their spa time, just not all the guests that came with who I don't think were having spa app'ts. Most spa menus request no cells and quietude prior to their app'ts so this seemed contrary.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel as it is positioned beside a meandering river which entertained us with kayakers and local birds as well as a lovely pathway walk to the airpark and back after our late dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old House Hotel & Spa is a luxury boutique hotel property in the heart of the Comox Valley. We offer 79 rooms ranging from deluxe studios, one & two bedroom suites and one penthouse suite. We are located on the Courtenay River centrally located to all amenities such as down town shopping, dining, championship golf courses, Mount Washington Ski resort and the Comox International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Old House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old House Village Hotel Courtenay
- Old House Village Hotel And Spa
- Old Hotel Village
- Old House Hotel & Spa Courtenay, Vancouver Island, Canada