“Georges ... experienced now by four generations in our family”
Review of George's Food Bar

George's Food Bar
Ranked #44 of 141 Restaurants in Courtenay
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Van Isle, BC
“Georges ... experienced now by four generations in our family”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

It's not a secret to home-town Comox Valley folks but perhaps is to those passing through town. If you're looking for simplicity and perfection at it's best when it comes to burgers, look no further than his little take-away joint. As a child, it was always such a treat to charge over to Georges while the folks were busy with baseball/soccer at Lewis Park. 35+ years and my order is still the same as it was then ... Cheeseburger, fries and a root bear milkshake. Instead of George at the grill, his sons are there and they know the family secret to burger perfection. Don't be alarmed if nothing is written down, their memory is uncanny. Once your order is up, you then pay. My parents introduced my siblings and I to Georges who have in-turn introduced our children to Georges and we're now onto our children's' children.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank rabgal

Courtenay, British Columbia, Canada
“Combo Burger!”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I just don't think you need to say more, but you need to in order to submit a review. They're just THE BEST!

1 Thank Linda M
Comox
“A real treat”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

If you want a delicious burger, freshly made to order then this is where you want to go. I have had the Chinese food a couple of times but and it is good however, combo with cheese is my fav choice.

1 Thank payge2009
Courtenay, Canada
“Interesting!”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

If you are looking for a real good old fashioned burger, fries & a shake, this is the place. The combo is sort of a stand-up Tomahawk burger (those who know, know). If you don't mind that George, or whoever he is inside the window, doesn't really speak except to tell you how much your meal is, then good. If you don't mind that you either eat in your car or go elsewhere to enjoy, then that's good also. If you don't mind that it's cash only, then it's really a great joint.

There's also a limited Chinese menu but I can't get past ordering the burger. When I do, I'll let you know about that also

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank 19arjaykay46
Campbell River, B.C.
“The combo rules!!”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The combo is the very best burger you ever had. A meat patty and hot dog combined. I am 63 and have been going to this burger place ( formerly Bud's) since I was 14.

Visited March 2012