“Super friendly staff and great coffee”

Mudsharks Coffee Bar
Ranked #2 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Courtenay
Price range: US$1 - US$5
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mudsharks Coffee is located in the heart of Downtown Courtenay and has the best patio in town. We are a locally family owned and operated community coffee shop where it is a great place to meet people or to sit quietly and enjoy a fantastic cup of coffee. Our coffee compliments our fresh baked goods, our homemade breakfast and lunch options or simply to savour by itself.
Berta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super friendly staff and great coffee”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This coffee shop is one of our favourites! The staff is welcoming and the coffee is great. They have a dog friendly patio.

Visited July 2014

Vancouver Island, Canada
“Good Coffee & Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I went to Mudsharks on a recent trip, based on other traveler reviews and we were not disappointed. Good location in downtown Courtenay and has the bonus of a large courtyard where on a nice day you can do some serious people watching while enjoying some java and whatever food takes your fancy. We were going to do some light hiking so we grabbed a couple of wraps made up especially for us (it was the previous day's special but still on the chalkboard). They were very yummy and sure hit the spot a couple of hours later up on Mount Washington!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank CashandCarry
Courtenay, Canada
“Great Food Great Outdoor Seating”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Well the baked goods are delicious,my favorite is the banana bread.Unique pizza and wraps,quiche is also amazing.Friendly staff.Prices are reasonable.Sit indoors or outdoors,great place to people watch,nice location.After lunch you can walk downtown Courtenay

Visited May 2014
Courtenay, Canada
“Coffee and Snacks (They know what they are doing!)”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I go there for coffee once a week. Their coffee is soooo good! It wasn't until recently I had their baked goods and I am sorry I havn't gotten them sooner. The muffins/scones were still warm and very satisfying. Friendly staff, quick service, very good value. Best cafe in town!

• Visited May 2014
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Everything you could want from a local coffee shop”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

First things first, put down your Timmie's. Now give yourself a slap on the wrist for having wasted your precious time and money going there when there are absolutely gems on the island like this that offer a superior product, service and atmosphere.

That aside, I loved this little coffee shop on my trip to Courtney, the coffee was excellent and the muffin I ordered had me asking for the recipe. (Which is top secret)

As the other reviews have mentioned the patio is superb and I can say there are few places I'd rather be for a morning cup of java and some breakie on a warm summer morning.

While there the trees seemed to be coming into season with lush colors, the birds were chirping and pedals were falling all around our table. Are you there yet? It was wonderful.

The staff / owner were pretty fantastic, a love for this place really shows in everything they do. Will definitely be returning on my next trip down.