“Eggs Benny to die for”

Ranked #3 of 145 Restaurants in Courtenay
Cuisines: Cafe, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Reviewed 26 June 2014

All I can say is get the Atlas Benny. Smoked salmon, homemade hollaindaise, capers and loads of fresh fruit. Yum on a plate

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Not your ordinary cafe menu. This one is creative and thoughtful with something for everyone. The wait staff members are very attentive and although sometimes busy at least acknowledge and pop down a carafe of water. I've only had lunch here but can testify that their sandwiches and salads are superb - fresh, wholesome, and in large servings.

1  Thank DalianEx-pat
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We went to the Atlas Café for breakfast based on other reviews and it did not disappoint! The waitress took us out to the back patio that was sunny and comfortable. I had eggs Benny with Bacon but there were many other Benny choices too. The service was warm and friendly and overall a very nice meal.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I went here for our anniversary, based on Tripadvisor reviews. The restaurant is right on the main downtown street so you may have to park and walk to the place but not very far. Service is friendly and attentive, while the decor is casual but comfortable. The menu suggests they have some local beers on tap, but local turns out to be from Victoria, some 200 km or so south. Apparently there are no breweries in Courtenay/Comox. Maybe they could try and get some from the craft brewers in Nanaimo which is only half the distance away.

Once we had drinks, we opted to share a plate of salmon cakes for starters. I forget the exact description but it was smoked wild salmon (they do their own) and a potato mixture. We found the potato far exceeded the salmon and overall was not very tasty salmon wise.

After the so so start though, things picked up nicely. My wife had the snapper with rice and some very delicious veggies while I went for a chicken breast in a raspberry sauce, and again great veggies with seasoned mashed potatoes. We sampled each other's dish and I can say they were both great. We finished with a chocolate mousse and a rhubarb cream pie. Both get two thumbs up! I'd certainly give them another visit. Cost was $94. before tip.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

4 of us had lunch at the Atlas Cafe and we really enjoyed our meals. Great food, large portions, funky atmosphere and reasonably priced. What more could you want?