“Oh so tasty, wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tulio's Casita

Tulio's Casita
Ranked #79 of 140 Restaurants in Courtenay
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Canadian, European
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Canada
“Oh so tasty, wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

It was mid week and I was surprised at how busy they were. My husband had veal and I had the coquille St Jacque both of use were delighted and as always the portions are very large, however there was only one left over container at the end. There were some inside changes making the interior brighter than I remember. The enterance seems less cluttered and more open but I can't recall what was there in the past.

Service was good, washrooms clean, server/owner always pleasant and prices very reasonable. It is one of the special places we go to for a good meal when we are not rushed. The décor has changed over the last few years but it has not taken away the old charm which existed back in the 1970's.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Bunchkin

Courtenay
“Delicious food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

My husband and I go almost every anniversary (36 years now). The food is always delicious, and the service is very good. Although, the menu is limited and hasn't changed in years, the price is comparable to other similar restaurants, and we know what we like and when we go, we never leave hungry. Yes, I agree, some of the the seating is a big close and the decor is a bit outdated, but for the "regular's like us, it's a nice little restaurant to visit from time to time.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank jkeigler
Courtenay, Canada
“love good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

Tulio's is a must visit in Courtenay . Food is well prepared and plentiful. I love the steaks(tender and flavourful). The schnitzel is also a must try(lightly breaded and delicious). Also have a good selection of seafood. Give them a try, you won't leave hungry. PS my friend had their ribs , said they were deellicciousss!!!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank hazle2
Comox, Canada
“Loud and Brassy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

Tables are close and it seems to be where all the people that talk very loud go to eat. The food is average and the service is good. Been 3 times and its the same every time. I won't go back.

1 Thank CampingGormet
Courtenay, Canada
“Rat on the sidewalk. Ivy covers sign. Shabby appearance”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

This place is scary. Ivy covers the mildewed sign, weeds (look like trees now) have taken over the brick entry, huge rat right between the entrance and sidewalk, very dirty appearance. This was in the daylight. At night, we drove by and saw the cook sitting at a table by himself and the place was empty. This is NOT A GOOD sign. Okay - we didn't go in to test the food. Would you?

Visited September 2012