“great jambalaya”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“great jambalaya”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Wandered here as the restaurant we were heading for was closed. The menu looked good (quite extensive) and we were not disappointed with the spicy creole dish and the monterey burger.

• Visited August 2014

Yakima, Washington
“Eclectic Dining in Courtenay”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Together with a business colleague, I recently stopped for dinner at the Union Street Grill. First visit so I didn't know quite what to expect, and was delighted by the menu. It includes choices from several different cuisines to give you a wide range of flavors. Seating was prompt and the atmosphere was comfortable. I began with a delightfully fresh caesar salad. Jambalaya was my main course; fresh ingredients brought to full flavor by careful seasoning. A wonderful experience. My colleague had a gluten-free dinner he very much appreciated. He'd visited the Union Street Grill several times before and knew he was in for a good dinner. We both skipped desert (I couldn't have eaten more if I tried) although they looked great. Prices are reasonable for the food served. Check out their menu online. To sum up, I look forward to returning for another dinner...for cajun food on Vancouver Island. Or maybe Italian. Mexican? Thai? Hmmmmmm......too many great choices. Guess I'll need four or five trips to really get to know it.

Port McNeill
“My favourite food in Courtenay”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We live hours away and come into Courtenay to load up on supplies. But first we stop at the Union Street Grill for lunch. Today I had one of the daily soups -- a tomato ratatouille with roasted veggies and a side of yam fries with the herbed mayo dip. Both were delicious. sadly we never have room for dessert because I'd really like to try their cheesecakes or cookies. The service was attentive and I look forward to my next visit.

Todos Santos, Mexico
“Non pretentious but very nice food at resonable prices”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

For a Saturday evening we went back to the U.Street Grill and had no trouble finding a table right away. Prompt service landed us each a small started salad, one Ceasar and one Spinach. Both very fresh and excellently made-up. We decided for a pasta main-dish and to our surprise, it was as good as what we usually have at Toscanos, the little Italian restaurant in Comox.
Friendly service, good food and a pleasant atmosphere! We will be back soon!

• Visited July 2014
MarkandDanielle_11, Owner at Union Street Grill, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you so much for your great comments. We really appreciate it!
Mark & Danielle
Vancouver, Canada
“Highly reccomended!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Have eaten here twice before and am consistently impressed with the place. The servers are super accommodating and the menu is a tough one to choice from! It's a great mix of meat-lover and vegetarian options & they even have a gluten free menu! The Vegan Chili was amazing and I've been told the Salmon Fish Tacos are to die for! I hope to return to try the mushroom burger. Overall was highly impressed with Union Street!

• Visited July 2014
thank you so much for your great review! We can't tell you much it satisfies our egos! :D