“excellent”

Element Club Bar Grill
Ranked #5 of 48 Restaurants in Castlegar
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, International, Contemporary, Gastropub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Castlegar, British Columbia
“excellent”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My friends & I have always had an attractive & well prepared meal. The service is courtious & helpful with our selections on the menue, describing some menue items when requested. There was good service & the prices were comparible to other restaurants..

Castlegar, British Columbia
“Excellante”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Food is absolutely amazing , worth the money and the trip . You know how u google restaurants ect... U get there it looks nothing like it and you end up paying so much for not much... Well not the case here ... This place doesn't disappoint it all adds up to totally satisfaction . You won't regret anything so try ;-)

Nelson, Canada
“Top Choice”
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

On what seems to be the never ending quest to find the best meal in the Kootenay, I've found the best 12oz New York land and sea plate at the Element. For starters the staff here is probably the best team in any restaurant in the Kootenay's. This team rivals some of the finest restaurants I've ever been served at including: the keg, château Lake Louise, Banff Springs Hotel, and a select few others I have been to over the years. They pride themselves on paying attention to details, which for me is very important. After my meal the chef Garnett was walking around the dining room and asked me how everything was. Top quality cuts of beef, huge prawns, and excellent seasonal sides cooked perfectly. If I were on death row, this plate would be on my short list of potential last meals.

I also had the pleasure of taking in Lobster Fest at the Element last March. I had a full lobster and a bowl of the bisque, this might have been the best $30 I'd ever spent.

If you are looking to make a great first impression or reward yourself with a top quality meal this is the place.

Visited December 2013
Castlegar, Canada
“Great food...unconsistent service!!”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I have frequented this restaurant many times. I truly feel its the best food in this small town. unfortunately on this particular visit the service was appalling :( Myself and a good friend, who I hadn't seen in a while, made RESERVATIONS, because knowing on a Friday night it can be busy. We stood at the door for several minutes before being acknowledged. We said we had reservations, and the waitress said "oh that's great" we love reservations. We were seated at a lovely table by the fireplace to our delight. This is where it all went downhill. Several minutes later the bartender took our drink order, great no problem there, he brought us drinks. Then server came over a few minutes later, we place our order. Appetizers first, no one come over to ask how it was. Our entrees arrived, we asked for a sample of the two house white wines so we could decide what one we like best. unfortunately the samples did not make it to our table until our entrée was almost completely finished. Then it literally took another 10 or more minutes before we could order what we liked. We had to flag another waitress down to even get the glass we liked the best. Our meal was completely finished before we got our glass of wine. it felt like we were shoved in a corner by the fireplace and forgotten about. Thank God the food was good, but it is so disheartening, when you choose to go out and spend your hard earned money at an establishment where you expect better. And not once were we asked how everything was ..??? Truly disappointed.... will probably choose Nelson next time I intend to spent a lot of money out on a dinner. We were not even sure who our server was because the bartender took our initial drink order, a waiter took our food order, a waitress delivered our food, another waitress bought us our wine??? it was seriously chaos and we were so disappointed :(

• Visited December 2013
ElementCastlegar, Owner at Element Club Bar Grill, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Hi Alisha,

I really appreciate your feedback and comments about our restaurant. We pride ourselves on providing our patrons with a great experience... From great food and drink to great service. We clearly failed and 100% agree with you on your account of your experience. I am certain that you know that this is not the type of service we strive to provide and is atypical for our restaurant. The server who in fact had your table has acknowledged his error and he feels badly for it (I have included his comments below). As a manager, I wish I would have been made aware of it earlier so that I could have made things right. Alas, this wasn't the case. Without feedback such as yours, we could never improve and work towards providing people with spectacular service every single time.

While my server acknowledges his forgetfulness of your table that evening, perhaps it is I, as manager, who should bear the responsibility. My server was over taxed with large tables and probably should not have given him another one, tucked by the fireplace. Regardless, the Element did not live up to the standards we have set, let alone yours. We truly appreciate the opportunity to comment.

I have private messaged you as I would like to invite both you and your friend back to try us again "on us". We hope to see you again soon.

Florio Vassilakakis
GM I Owner

A message from our server:

As a waiter who has been in the industry for a very long time, I absolutely know that poor service reflects badly upon the server and the establishment. I work hard at providing the best service to patrons as possible and while I was clearly inattentive, which I acknowledge, this is not indicative of my usual performance. It was never my intent to provide the service you received and I am confident that this will not happen again. My first and foremost responsibility is to my customers and I appreciate the feedback which I look at respectfully and constructively. I hope that you come and try us out again. I am certain that you will not be disappointed.

Tully Aggelou
West Kelowna, Canada
“Never disappoints!”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

On my semi annual trip through the Kootenays the "Element" was great again. Dressings from scratch (asked the owner!) and the fish tacos were dynamite. It is so easy for restaurants nowadays to get pre packaged pre portioned food that actually isn't bad product. However the attention to detail and extra effort for scratch cooking has to be applauded. Save room for the sticky toffee pudding!