“Good place to go for dinner and drinks”

Black Rooster Bar and Grill
Ranked #2 of 51 Restaurants in Castlegar
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2013

A bunch of us sat out on the deck on a warm evening after a long work day and enjoyed tasty food and beer at a large table. Service was a little slow at times, but all in all, this is a decent place to come for dinner and drinks - recommendable.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

My wife and I were visiting Castlegar and asked a local there about a good place to eat. They instantly said the Black Rooster. We went there the waitress was very friendly and recommended the specials for the day. We ordered nachos with 8 layer dip an appetizer and wow was it filling. Then once our food came out it was just as amazing. I would highly recommend you trying this place out if you are in the area.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

The Black Rooster is one of the better restaurants in Castlegar and especially convenient if staying in a local hotel. I usually eat in the pub. The food is varied, tasty and reasonably priced. The booths and tables are comfortable and convenient to the sports TVs around the room, which are not too noisy. The waiters are especially helpful and willing to chat about things to do and even other places to eat in town.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

If I was the owner of this restaurant I would be trying some of the dishes coming out of the kitchen! Food was terrible and tasteless and I mean everything on both of our plates. Added a bunch of salt just to put some kind of flavor on the food. The venue is beautiful and this could be a great spot to sit but I would definitely look at the reviews before I EVER recommended this place!!!

Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

We tried the Black Rooster after a long day of driving. We should have drove right by. The service was good. Our water glasses were immediately filled and our server was very attentive. We ordered pita and tzatziki sauce as a starter. The pita was not like a pita I have ever had before not really sure what we had. The tzatziki was just boring. We ordered a chicken southwestern salad and that was good once we picked the chicken off. It had been soaked in Frank's Hot Sauce. Yuck!!! With enough sour cream I suppose we could have tempered the flavor a bit but that defeats the reason for having the salad in the first place. My daughter had fettuccini Alfredo and liked it however.