“Great place, as advertised”
Review of Flamingo Motel

Flamingo Motel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Castlegar
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
“Great place, as advertised”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I spent a week here to visit some friends. The rooms were clean and quiet and the owners are very friendly and they go out of their way to make you feel welcome. When I come back to Castlegar I'll be staying at this motel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jeremy2538
flamingocastlegar, Owner at Flamingo Motel, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Hey Jeremy, Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a great review! It was great having a musician here again! One of these days we have to get everyone together for a concert in our park! Maybe next year when you are here.
Warmest Regards,
Frank and Debra

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Flamingo Motel in Castlegar BC on our trip thru BC this Summer.
The room was very bright, clean and comfortable. The owners were most friendly and helpful and we really liked the park and BBQ. We would go out of our way to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mandy R
Hi Mandy. Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We trust that the rest of your trip was as much fun as you seemed to be having while you were here! You gotta do something about that husband of yours tho! :-) LOL ..... Hope you come back this way again soon ...
Grand Forks, Canada
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I spent 7 days at the Flamingo Hotel this past summer on business travel. Overall I was very pleased with the choice and will stay here again in the future. I stayed in a smaller double bed room for 3 days, then a 1 bedroom kitchenette for 4 days. For a longer duration stay I would recommend the suite due to the size and fully equipped kitchen. The rooms are extremely clean. Debra and Frank the hosts are very friendly and hospitable and made me feel like a family guests at their place. They dropped off fresh homemade muffins daily, and invited some other guests and myself for dinner one evening in their Gazebo. Parking is good and safe. The location is centrally located in Castlegar. It is adjacent to Columbia Street which has a fair bit of traffic so there is some road noise, but is not bad.

Room Tip: For longer duration stays the one bedroom suite with kitchenette is recommended. They are large wit...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank GFBoy
Hi GF. Thankyou for you nice review. We enjoy your company and you are always a pleasure to have stay with us. We often BBq in the Gazebo with/for our guests We look forward to the next time that you stay with. Thank you for your business!
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Best choice in Castlegar. Great customer service. We had two rooms for three people, one room with two queen beds (each in a private room) and the other room with a queen (also in its own private room) and a kitchen. We chose the Flamingo for our week long bike trip, it was perfect for us to gather, cook and sleep. Spotless with very comfortable beds . . . and we were tired after hard days of riding. Not outdated, just retro . . . fun! I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Also, a great for bicycling . . . road and mountain.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tom339
Hi Tom, It was a great pleasure to have you and you group stay with us for the week. You folks were a bundle of energy and were having such a great time Thank you for posting such a great review! We look foreword to the next time that we can welcome you to our Motel.
Best regards,
Penticton, Canada
Reviewed 24 September 2013

No doubt you get the best customer service, they are more than helpful and take a personal interest in what they do. The room was very clean but dated. It was quiet. The only concern was the bed, we stayed in a room that had a very hard bed, my wife and I had an uncomfortable night. If you have a need for a softer bed check to see if they have one. My recommendation don't choose the small rooms, a little pricey for the size. I am a little torn, I so think it is a great little motel but my experience holds me off from recommending without reservation.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Neil A
flamingocastlegar, Owner at Flamingo Motel, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Hi Neil, thanks for taking the time to review us. Debra and I were speaking of you today, wondering about "H's" [your wife's] new knee. Hope you were able to get her into the Hot Springs and that it is coming along well... When you folks checked in, we discussed that the last suite that we had for the eve was one of our smaller salesman suites. As you recall I was concerned for you and let you have a good look at it first and make that decision, especially with "H's" new knee and just a double bed. Many couples do stay in the smaller suites, but it's best if you don't have a ton of luggage. Room 6 is one of our most popular suites with many regulars requesting it specifically with no mention of the bed being hard. The suite is really not that small, and I believe our salesman suites are the most affordable in town - a very good alternative to the high priced hotels up the block. The Fellow that stayed in it last nite and the Fellow that checked in tonight for 3 days think that suite is just the cats ..... meow :-) Maybe next time if you can, please call ahead, we will be happy to save you a larger suite, we'll make you happy :-)
Best Regards, Frank and Debra.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed at the Flamingo Motel in Castlegar for the first time last week - it was a very comfortable, welcoming stay! Frank and Debra made us feel welcome and the kitchenette we had was well stocked - they even made sure there was a full fresh tray of ice cubes in the freezer! I'd stay again, and I'd recommend it to friends, families and business travelers.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Miranda B
flamingocastlegar, Owner at Flamingo Motel, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Hi Miranda, Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review. We enjoyed having you stay with us and our visit in the Gazebo. Please come back and see us again soon.
Thanks again,
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I have been staying at the Flamingo for a number of years now since it is really convenient to have my own reasonably priced home away from home while visiting my parents in Castlegar. I have consistently had clean and comfortable rooms, and always get a personal hello from Debra & Frank. I have enjoyed the availability of the kitchenettes and even the barbecue and yard when family got together. Coming to Castlegar just isn't complete if I don't stay at Flamingo....

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Christina N
Hi Christina. Nice to hear from you. It has been some years that you have been staying with us hasn't it? Thanks for taking the time to post a nice review. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Warmest regards,
Frank and Debra
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castlegar
Canadas Best Value Inn & Suites- Castlegar
Chameleon Hotel
#6 of 8 in Castlegar
Glenwood Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Columbia River Hotel

Been to Flamingo Motel? Share your experiences!