“Quality at a fair price.”

Canadas Best Value Inn & Suites- Castlegar
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Castlegar
Reviewed 26 March 2012

As a person who spends 6 or more nights on the road each month I highley recommend the Quality Inn in Castlegar! I stay here two nights per month. The rooms are quiet, clean, comfortable and updated. The wifi signal is strong throughout which is great for the business person. Service is seocond to none as well. You also get a complimentary breakfast with your stay. The Quality Inn does not disappoint!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Canadas Best Value Inn & Suites- Castlegar

Reviewed 5 December 2011

On our way to Nelson, BC we stayed one night in Castlegar. We travel with a large sheepdog and the higher end hotels usually do not allow pets.

Pros: Hotel room was reasonably priced, no pet fee was charged, room had 2 queen size beds.
Free wifi, microwave and fridge

Cons: There is hardly enough space to move around, bathroom is extremely small, Desk chair was falling apart, Room not clean (hair in tub)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2011

The staff was very nice. They helped me out. After a long day of travel, I got there kinda late but they still make me a turkey sandwich. The room itself was a little smelly, the bed was not comfortable and it was a loud, creaky building. Two things really stood out for me about this place. Number one. The rooms have doors to the inner corridor and the parking lot. When I entered my room, I discovered that the door to the parking lot was not locked. As a single female very far from home, this is not good. I felt inclined to check every nook and cranny of the room for intruders before taking off my coat. Number two. There were tons of scary noises. There was a fight in the parking lot right outside of my formerly unlocked door. After calming down from that, there were what seemed to be gunshots all night. Later confirmed to be fireworks by the hotel staff. I didn't sleep well. I would try the Super8.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank HealthInspektor
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We stayed here last week while passing through Castlegar and found the walkin rate quite reasonable compared to some of the advertised prices the other places in town were offering...For under $100 a night, we had a comfortable bed, air-conditioning, a quiet and clean room and clean bathroom and two hot breakfasts prepared to order and served in the resident restaurant - an awesome deal!

Was it luxurious? No, but it was good value for money! Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2011

-The Hotel
The Inn is located in a fairly central part of town, within walking distance of fast food locations and no more than a couple minutes drive from most shopping and dining.
When I arrived I was greeted by the clerk at the front desk and promptly checked in, despite being early for check-in. She was extremely courteous and answered my questions about the area graciously. The entrance and front lobby were very clean but the age of the building was apparent and what touch-ups (I don't feel the word renovations would be appropriate) were done seemed very cheap and rushed (See more below)

-The Room
I stayed in a standard room which also contained a small kitchenette. As with the lobby the room was immaculate. The bathroom, likewise, was pristine. The room was a good size, not cramped but the space was used well (lots of storage space for extended stays). The bathroom was surprisingly nice, with a shower that looked much never than the rest of the room. That said, parts of the room seemed to suffer from the same rush patchwork that I saw in the lobby. The kitchenette was a ramshackle collection of cheap plywood that could be found in a 70's trailer home and felt incredibly out of place next to the nice albeit inexpensive furnishing of the rest of the room.
A strange note, there were very few outlets in the room, most having three or four cables running to it, requiring you to unplug the coffee maker to use the microwave, etc.
The bed was very comfortable.

-Summary
The Quality Inn screams of average. For everything you find that's pleasant or nice you'll likely in turn find something downtrodden. While I wouldn't say this is a great place to stay in if you have to remain in your room it wouldn't be bad for a quick stopover on your way through town or as a place to spend the night while exploring the surrounding area (which, by the way, is very beautiful).
Considering the age of the inn the price seemed a little steep, especially since it lacked any ammenities like a pool or fitness center.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2011

This had to be one of the dirtiest hotels we've seen and never to be repeated! The hotel seemed old and in need of renovations in a big way!!! We were a family of 4 and only one of us braved the shower... I got into bed praying nothing would be crawling on me... There was a lamp in the corner of the room that had gotten so hot it had melted the lampshade and had not been replaced...total fire waiting to happen! We had the air-conditioner on during the night because of the heat but it was so loud it reminded me of an airplane engine being in your room so my husband turned it off early morning. The smell in the hotel was horrible and seemed to be everywhere including our room... I do need to add the staff were friendly and helpful but we will never stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank GrandmaRose55
Reviewed 10 August 2011

The motel, was dirty,smelled and in dire need repairs. Melted lamp in room. Could not get out of there soon enough. If we could of left with out being charged we would of.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank AACVIC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castlegar
Sandman Hotel Castlegar
#5 of 8 in Castlegar
Glenwood Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Columbia River Hotel
Best Western Plus Baker Street Inn & Convention Centre

Been to Canadas Best Value Inn & Suites- Castlegar? Share your experiences!