“The view was great.”
Review of Riverside Inn

Riverside Inn
Reviewed 2 May 2011

The host could not do enough to make my stay more nicer. The rooms are very clean with new beds. The view is great. There is a walking trail on the other side of the river. They have a pub in the basement which is all done in wood with cravings in them, gives a very warm feeling to be there. There is a hot tub for summer use.

Room Tip: I had room 27 great view of the river.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 April 2011

Spur of the moment decision to get a room on the long Easter weekend- We checked several other hotels in the area and this was the best value by far. The rooms were nicer and cleaner and the price lower. The room was nothing fancy, but it was right on the river, had a nicely manicured landscape, and an outdoor hot tub. It is connected to a restaurant that has a pool table and bar. We were especially impressed with our complimentary breakfast- not the usual cold cereal and stale danish fare- this had real orange juice, eggs, sausage, bacon, toast and hashbrowns. Additional perks- good location, awesome trophy room with giant salmon, is a sushi restaurant during the day and evening, good customer service.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2010

My husband and I stayed here for a one night stopover between Port Mcneill and Ucluelet.
First, the good points. The hotel room was very clean, nice and spacious and quite comfortable. Best water pressure EVER for a shower (damn near blew me out the back of the bath!) Our room (number 24 on the ground floor) did have air conditioning which was a blessing as it was in the 30s the night we stayed but it was fairly noisy! The back garden area was lovely as it backed onto the river itself and had ample seating for both users of the onsite bar or tables for your own use (my husband and I had sandwiches and beers we bought ourself and management didn't seem to mind) Quite picturesque at dusk when the little garden lights came on. I don't know much about Campbell River itself so I can't comment on the area of town that the hotel is in (although it was within walking distance - literally 2 minutes - for the Destiny River tour we had booked for the following day!) Neither can I comment on the restaurant as we didn't use it. Ok, bad points. The receptionist and manager were both of Asian persuasion who had a very hard time understanding English and this I found a bit tiring after a while. Our reservation seemed a mystery and communication was a bit annoying to the point that I had to produce a print out of our confirmation. After that, all was fine but even simple things like asking where the nearest toilet was took over five minutes until in the end I gave up!! I witnessed a discussion between the manager and a customer who was having problems connecting to the free wi-fi and he was basically told, 'no, I won't come to help you, you bring your laptop to me!' I found that a bit rude to be honest. Anyway, at the end of the day, if you're looking for the ritz and all it's trimmings, this hotel won't be for you. If, like us, you want somewhere basic, clean and comfortable for a quick stop over then go for it. Don't expect breakfast, we got pointed toward a half filled flask of coffee and a basket with a muffin in for ours - terrible!! And for the lady whose kid got a clip round the ear for yelling, praps you should make your kids pipe down in the dining area (if only more restaurant staff could do that, LOL!)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2010

We stayed here in Aug 09 when it was 37+ degrees. We had booked several months in advance and availability was very tight for our 3 night break. We travelled up from Victoria where we had stayed with relatives and found the place easily. We were upgraded on arrival to a 6-8 bed chalet overlooking the lake. Food was unpretentious but plentiful in the main family area. Second night, we self-catered after a U-Chuck day out from Gold River. 3rd night we met up with relatives who came to stay for a few nights and we ate in the alacarte restaurant - again food was ok albeit a bit pricey.

We will definately stay here again - it was a lovely relaxing few days with plenty to do from walking, kayaking, swimming and sunbathing to a trip on the U-Chuck. Really friendly and extremely helpful people and great bunch of guests. Sitting with abeer on the veranda watching the sun going down sure beat the hustle and bustle of normal life.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2007

I saw this hotel on tripadvisor as number one, so we stayed here. i have a family of seven kids, and none of them liked it here. the food was TERRIBLE and my 6 year old son got hit by one of the staff there, just for yelling! I WOULD NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!! EVER!!! ima gonna keep this short, so ill end it here.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank God-NOT!
Reviewed 16 August 2007

Nasty ! Not fit for a dog. Poor hotel in a seady part of town . Make sure you lock your door at this dump.

Stayed: August 2007
3  Thank showdown
Reviewed 31 March 2007

I have been a repeat guest now at the Campbell River Lodge for years and consider myself lucky enough to be one of the most successful fishermen in the Lodge's history!
Over the years, the Lodge has looked after my family and friends as well as myself SO well that there is no question that I would return again and again. I can honestly consider myself to be an "Ambassador" for the Lodge and one of the Lodge's longest yearly repeat guests. (They must be doing something right!) I look forward to returning again this year (the 19th consecutive) so I can carry on the tradition of fun and great fishing!
-Nate Adelman, Los Angeles, CA