“Best of the Best”
Review of Painter's Lodge

Painter's Lodge
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Campbell River
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My aunt and I stayed at Painter's Lodge earlier this month alas for only 1 night. The staff at check in were so friendly and professional. Our room was bright, airy and clean. I have never slept as well as I did in a hotel room - so comfortable and quiet.

It was nice not to have to go off property for dinner. The pub is charming with a great view. However, the carpet is old and very dirty looking - would not hurt them to put hardwood throughout the pub. Service was excellent. Food was ok, nothing outstanding, but the view made up for it.

I will always return to Painter's Lodge when I need to stay in Campbell River.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Painter's Lodge

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Had a wonderful time there, a great wildlife tour. I would certinally return again. Very helpful staff especially Charlotte in the marine centre, nothing was too much trouble and she certainly gave great advise! A great pace to stay, not only for the day, spend several days there its defiantly worth it! The food it great too, great atmosphere. I couldn't fault this place

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 10 June 2013

This was our 49th Anniversary. We stayed for three (3) days.We arrived the last day of the Painters weekend, and still had no problems checking in. The staff did everything possible to make our stay memorable. When we arrived in our room we received a fruit basket and a note wishing us a happy anniversary. We had a beautiful dinner with our Son and Daughter-in-law . Everyone loved their meals . Two ordered steaks and two ordered seafood and all the plates were cleaned. The wait staff were great and did all the could to make the evening memorable. We found the staff very friendly and helpful. My wife has health problems so we were unable to try the spa and the weather did not cooperate for our wine and cheese cruise but all in all we had a wonderful three days.

Room Tip: Room 407 was a very easy accessible handicap room for someone who has a hard time with stairs if you...
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We had originally intended to stay for only one night, but loved it so much that we stayed 2 extra days. The staff are very helpful, pleasant and friendly. When the sun is shining its fabulous to have your breakfast and other meals outside on the deck overlooking the docks and ocean activities. Food is amazing. Dining room is top notch. They have the best smoked seafood appy and the best notchos on the island. We also took their free shuttle across to April Point Lodge for lunch and enjoy their deck overlooking the ocean. My partner had a huge cod fish and chip plate while I had an amazing smoked salmon bunwhich. If you love the ocean, boats, watching eagles soar, and being out doors, this place is for you.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be great. Ocean views are nice but at a premium $$$. Remember that they can b...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelsome R
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I just returned from a stay at Painter's Lodge during a work trip to Campbell River, my only complaint is that I didn't get to stay longer! The location is spectacular, you have a great view of all the ocean activity between Vancouver Island and Quadra Island. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable, with nice balconies or patios.

We had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant, my dinner was beyond amazing, the lamb shank was so tender and the meringue for dessert was great too. I didn't get to use any of the other amenities because of my short stay but would love to go back and use the pool and visit their sister property on Quadra Island, April Point Lodge, which you can access by a free shuttle ferry.

Looking forward to returning for another stay!

Room Tip: Pay the little bit extra for an ocean view room, it's worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The location of the hotel is fabulous. We had a signature room that overlooked the channel. It was wonderful to be on the balcony and watch the ships and water traffic headed north and south. The room was large with two queen sized beds. There was a large ceiling fan to circulate the air in the room but it refused to work so the room remained stuffy unless you left the balcony door open. We had dinner in the lodge pub and the food was average and we had a new waitress needed a little more training. In all it was a nice place to stay but did not live up to the hype.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

My wife and I spent jumped on a "stay 2 nights get 1 free" promotion in May. When I booked the room I booked an ocean view room with a king bed. The room they assigned us had a great ocean view but 2 double beds. When we asked for a king bed room they went out of their way to accomodate us, and ended up putting us in a nice ocean view loft room at the same price. All of the staff was friendly and attentive.

While at the lodge we went fishing and took an adventure tour. Our fishing guide, Tom, was great and took us to where I caught a 17.5 lb chinook salmon. He fileted 1/2 for us and gave the rest awy to him and other guides. The lodge offers a cook your catch option and we had a fabulous fresh salmon meal for rhe next two nights. The cooking and presentation of our catch was 1st class!

Room Tip: select an ocean view room
Also consider these accommodations in or near Campbell River
#1 of 9 in Courtenay
April Point Resort & Spa
April Point Resort & Spa
#1 of 2 in Quathiaski Cove

Been to Painter's Lodge? Share your experiences!