We stayed here for two nights in June 2013 as part of a 25th Anniversary trip to Canada.
On arrival the ladies at reception couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. Our room was in one of the ocean front lodges and had lovely views over the dock and over to April Point. I had been a bit worried about some of the reviews on here about the rooms and bathrooms looking a little tired and I guess you could say they have been in situ for a while but it was all lovely and clean and everything worked as it should. It's not a swanky shiny new modern hotel, but I don't think that is what it sells itself as.
We ate in the pub on arrival and had really good food, we had a nice breakfast in the restaurant and also lunch and breakfast over at April Point having taken the free water taxi over.
We really enjoyed the quiet,laid back atmosphere of the place and it was just what we needed to adjust from UK time to Pacific time. Thanks for the management for the anniversary card and lovely fruit basket.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the pristine shores of Vancouver Island, Painter's Lodge offers world-class salmon fishing, breathtaking wildlife and scenery and full amenities. When you're not fighting a mighty salmon on the line, soak in the outdoor pool, refine your serve on the tennis courts, or watch marine life play as you tour the coastline on a Wildlife Adventure Tour. Connected by water taxi, guests enjoy all the amenities including new Aveda Spa at April Point Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Painter's Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Painter`s Hotel Campbell River
- Painters Hotel Campbell River
- Painters Resort Campbell River
- Painter's Lodge Campbell River, Vancouver Island