A summary of phrases that come to mind: tacky country decor in the rooms; bathrooms that are not separate from the main living/sleeping area; no air conditioning; unusable or minimal facilities (tennis court, and fitness room); Children’s Entertainment Room is a brightly colored room with nothing but a TV set; nothing to do other than fishing; located in a boring residential area; unprofessional management; and so much less. See a few of the pictures. The fishing can be good, but this is based on the guide you get; this aspect is beyond the guest's control. This property’s claim it that it was once popular in the 1960's and 1970's. Decades later, nothing has been updated. Friend, keep looking for another place. This place is a dying relic. I predict they will sell the property to a developer who will tear it down and build houses or something else as major capital would be needed to resuscitate this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the pristine shores of Vancouver Island, Painter's Lodge offers world-class salmon fishing, breathtaking wildlife and scenery and full amenities. When you're not fighting a mighty salmon on the line, soak in the outdoor pool, refine your serve on the tennis courts, or watch marine life play as you tour the coastline on a Wildlife Adventure Tour. Connected by water taxi, guests enjoy all the amenities including new Aveda Spa at April Point Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Painter's Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Painter`s Hotel Campbell River
- Painters Hotel Campbell River
- Painters Resort Campbell River
- Painter's Lodge Campbell River, Vancouver Island