1,386 results
All reviewsapril pointthe pubfishwater taxisister resortmarine centerdining roomwildlife tourquadra islandwhale watchingtennis courtsbeautiful locationmain buildingbald eaglesdiscovery passagelovely viewbit dated
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Had a fantastic time at the Women's Salmon Derby. The fishing guides are friendly and helpful, no matter your fishing ability. The staff from front desk, restaurant, marine centre and housekeeping were really friendly and helped any way they could. This is a great spot for a weekend, even if you you don't want to fish. Food is good but not amazing, rooms are okay, more geared to 2 guys fishing than couples resort.
Watch for the Women's fishing Derby every June ... You will have fun!

Room Tip: Ask for the "Rodundo". This building has a great view of the dock and Discovery passage.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
ChristineFleming, General Manager at Painter's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience from our Women’s Salmon Fishing Derby. Between all the fishing, the costume party, live entertainment and more, the event is definitely one that I look forward to every year. This year was especially good, with the ladies catching a total of 2053 pounds of fish! I would highly recommend it for any women looking for a fun weekend getaway. We look forward to seeing you at the event again next year!

Christine Fleming

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at Painter's lodge for the second time 2nd week in June. We go for the guided salmon fishing which is excellent! Our guide this trip was Bear who gave us his very best. Staying at Painter's Lodge is always outstanding. Our room had a view that was worth the 12 hour drive all by itself. The staff seem to make you feel like the only guest there. Truly engaging and very friendly. We will return.

Room Tip: A ocean view room is really nice.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Casey M
ChristineFleming, General Manager at Painter's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

I’m thrilled to hear you had such a lovely vacation at Painter’s Lodge. We aim to make every guest feel special when they stay at our resort, so I’m very happy that we delivered on our goal. I’m not surprised your fishing trip was a success. Our guides are extremely knowledgeable when it comes to fishing the local waters and this season is shaping up to be one of the best fishing seasons ever. We recently caught a total of 2053 pounds of fish at our Women’s Salmon Fishing Derby, and it’s only going to get better once summer swings into full gear. Hopefully we’ll see you again soon so we can send you home with more fish!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Beautiful setting on Discovery Passage, the main route for cruise ships to and from Alaska. A sister hotel, April Point lodge, is a free 10 minute shuttle boat ride across to Quadra Island, where kayaks and bikes are available for rent. We ate in the lounge overlooking the water; the food was excellent. Overall, very good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank John12345562

I’m so happy you enjoyed your time at Painter’s Lodge. Seeing the cruise ships pass by every night is one of the things I love most about working at the resort and I’m so glad you got to experience that. Thank you so much for your review and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed for two nights during our stay on Vancouver island. Had a great room with ocean view. Whilst we are not a fishing couple it was good to talk to some keen fishermen.
Used the free water taxi to April point .
Staff were very friendly and food great, portions based on north American rather than European.
Nice to sit outside on our balcony admiring the scenery and seeing cruise ships passing by.
By the way ,the fish is delicious!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ChristineFleming, General Manager at Painter's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you so much for the kind words. I’m so glad you enjoyed your time at Painter’s Lodge. Remember, even if you’re not interested in fishing you can still get out on the water with one of our Wildlife Adventure Tours or our Wine & Cheese Cruises. Thanks again for staying at Painter’s Lodge and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I don't fish. I've never met a fish that annoyed me enough to want it killed. You don't have to fish to stay here. It's just a lovely peaceful place on the ocean with good food and a sister hotel on a nearby island that has a water taxi (free) that goes back and forth. I almost forgot I was here on business. Oh, if you like to fish; I hear it's pretty good right our front.

Room Tip: the cabins look very interesting
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Yago1
ChristineFleming, General Manager at Painter's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Anytime we can turn a business trip into a relaxing vacation we know we’re doing our job! And you’re right, there’s much more to do here than just fishing. With Wildlife Adventure Tours leaving daily, Wine & Cheese Cruises, a heated swimming pool and an Aveda Spa at April Point there’s truly something for everyone. Come back to see us again soon!