1,417 results
All reviews april point the pub fish water taxi sister resort marine center dining room wildlife tour quadra island whale watching tennis courts beautiful location main building bald eagles discovery passage lovely view bit dated
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Old rustic Motel style cabins. Only twin Queen Beds. Had bottom floor, heard people above us constantly. Only one bedside lamp next to bed, had to move chair and put table lamp next to bed to read.

Found dirty towel behind bathroom in checking into room. TV had cable but very limited stations. Could not even get the golf channel.

Very small bathroom. Outdoor Jacuzzis big enough for 4 people only.

Restaurant very good but pricey. In Oyster land only offered fresh oysters once a week.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd story room, so you are able to sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
ChristineFleming, General Manager at Painter's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

I’m so sorry your stay did not meet your expectations, or mine. I assure we hold ourselves to much higher standards. I have spoken with our housekeeping manager and I am confident this will not happen again.

We do have several options when it comes to beds. Our loft rooms have two queen beds and two twin beds. We also have rooms with king beds. If you let us know what size beds you would like beforehand we would be happy to accommodate you. As for the noise, our front desk staff is always happy to assist you in making sure your neighbours stay quiet and respectful. Simply call the front desk if you feel someone is being too noisy and we will make sure it is taken care of.

Finally, although “Oyster Bar Thursday” is indeed a one day a week event at April Point, we serve fresh oysters in the Tyee Pub Daily.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope you will give us another chance to deliver you an amazing vacation experience.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We knew the 6000 mile journey from London was definitely worth it when we arrived here and was greeted with genuine Canadian hospitality and the most amazing views. Of course, people come for the fishing and wildlife - both heart- stoppingly superb particularly when the orca breeched within feet of a couple of anglers! But Painters is so much more - great food and service, a really sociable atmosphere and a sense of community as all visitors have a common bond in their love of all things outdoors. Well located too for trips further north to Telegraph Cove and Port Hardy.
We've stayed in many five star more 'luxurious' hotels around the world but we'd come back to Painters in a heartbeat!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
ChristineFleming, General Manager at Painter's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you so much for your review of Painter’s Lodge. Orca sightings are a truly magical experience, so I’m thrilled to hear you got to experience that! We certainly are fortunate to have such a beautiful location, and to be situated so close to amazing fishing and wildlife. However, we realize that our accommodation, service and dining need to live up to our beautiful surroundings, and I’m so glad we are achieving that goal. Thanks again and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Had a fantastic time at the Women's Salmon Derby. The fishing guides are friendly and helpful, no matter your fishing ability. The staff from front desk, restaurant, marine centre and housekeeping were really friendly and helped any way they could. This is a great spot for a weekend, even if you you don't want to fish. Food is good but not amazing, rooms are okay, more geared to 2 guys fishing than couples resort.
Watch for the Women's fishing Derby every June ... You will have fun!

Room Tip: Ask for the "Rodundo". This building has a great view of the dock and Discovery passage.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for sharing your experience from our Women’s Salmon Fishing Derby. Between all the fishing, the costume party, live entertainment and more, the event is definitely one that I look forward to every year. This year was especially good, with the ladies catching a total of 2053 pounds of fish! I would highly recommend it for any women looking for a fun weekend getaway. We look forward to seeing you at the event again next year!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at Painter's lodge for the second time 2nd week in June. We go for the guided salmon fishing which is excellent! Our guide this trip was Bear who gave us his very best. Staying at Painter's Lodge is always outstanding. Our room had a view that was worth the 12 hour drive all by itself. The staff seem to make you feel like the only guest there. Truly engaging and very friendly. We will return.

Room Tip: A ocean view room is really nice.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Casey M
ChristineFleming, General Manager at Painter's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

I’m thrilled to hear you had such a lovely vacation at Painter’s Lodge. We aim to make every guest feel special when they stay at our resort, so I’m very happy that we delivered on our goal. I’m not surprised your fishing trip was a success. Our guides are extremely knowledgeable when it comes to fishing the local waters and this season is shaping up to be one of the best fishing seasons ever. We recently caught a total of 2053 pounds of fish at our Women’s Salmon Fishing Derby, and it’s only going to get better once summer swings into full gear. Hopefully we’ll see you again soon so we can send you home with more fish!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Beautiful setting on Discovery Passage, the main route for cruise ships to and from Alaska. A sister hotel, April Point lodge, is a free 10 minute shuttle boat ride across to Quadra Island, where kayaks and bikes are available for rent. We ate in the lounge overlooking the water; the food was excellent. Overall, very good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank John12345562

I’m so happy you enjoyed your time at Painter’s Lodge. Seeing the cruise ships pass by every night is one of the things I love most about working at the resort and I’m so glad you got to experience that. Thank you so much for your review and I look forward to your next visit.