1,429 results
All reviews april point the pub fish water taxi sister resort marine center dining room wildlife tour whale watching beautiful location quadra island tennis courts main building new owners bald eagles discovery passage lovely view
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We really looked forward to this little escape. The area is gorgeous! The main building was very lovely. We found our room hadn't been totally cleaned. Dirty towels were left and when they came to get them I asked if the sheets had been changed....they weren't sure, so they had to do that too while we waited. It was a worn room and much too expensive for what you get.
The dining and views were fabulous and the staff were very nice and helpful. When we checked out they didn't actually charge us for the room today. Not bad in the compensation!
Reputation exceeded the actual experience for us.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
ChristineFleming, General Manager at Painter's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

I’m so happy that you enjoyed the wonderful views from our property. They’re certainly something to behold! However, I am sincerely sorry your room was not up to my standards. I have talked to my housekeeping manager about your comments to ensure this doesn’t happen again. We did of course take care of the charge for your room and hope you’ll consider us for your next getaway.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We went to Campbell river for one night because we had never been. It was a gorgeous setting & so peacefull. We were lucky enough to be on the deck when one of the fishing trips came in with a 27 pound salmon. Took the 5 min. Water taxi to sister hotel, April cove. It was Tuesday jazz night with an incredible dinner. Came back to painters lodge for a drink in the lounge & relaxed. The cruise ship from Alaska went by at 11:30 pm all lit up. It was amazing. Breakfast of course was bagels & salmon. Delicious. The boys want to go back & do the fishing trip. Lots of fun.

Room Tip: Water view definetly
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
ChristineFleming, General Manager at Painter's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at Painter’s Lodge. The fishing has been excellent so far this season. In fact, we just caught another Tyee (a salmon over 30 pounds) today. Hopefully next time you stay with us you’ll be the one bringing a big fish to the dock! I’m glad you also got to experience April Point. Jazz Night is always fun and the views from their dining room are spectacular. And you even got see a cruise ship. That has to be one of my favourite parts of working here. Even after all my years at the resort I never get tired of watching them pass by. Thank you so much for your review and hopefully when you come visit us again you can stay for more than just one night!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We went on the 3 day 2 night fishing package that included 2 guided fishing trips. Enjoyed our stay. Caught some fish, good food in the pub. We found the dining room a bit pricey. Rooms were clean although they are getting a bit dated, maybe some new carpets and a spruce up but they were fine, two levels with the a loft upstairs and living area down. No air conditioning, but our room was on the ocean so the sea breeze was good enough with the windows open but it was not particularly hot weather when we were there. The boats were good for fishing and the guide we had (Ed) was very knowlegable and friendly.

Room Tip: We selected an ocean room and had a nice view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay at Painter’s Lodge. The fishing has been spectacular this year so I’m sure you left the resort with lots of salmon to take home! We are looking at upgrading our rooms in the offseason and we will take your comments under consideration. Thanks for the review and I look forward to seeing you back at the resort soon!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is a very homey, old school kind of place in a really nice location. The day we arrived it was one of the hottest days in Campbell River history and there was no AC in our room. Ovherhead fan helped but still made for a difficult sleep. Staff is nice and the fishing packages make it easy to do everything in-house. One experience in restaurant was bad. They were way understaffed at breakfast and had to wait almost 45 minutes to get a coffee and oatmeal.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of our resort. I was disappointed to read that your stay was merely “good.” I assure you we strive for a much better guest experience than that. We are constantly reassessing our accommodations and perform regular upgrades each offseason.

I’m sorry your experience did not meet your expectations. I have spoken with my dining room manager to ensure that our restaurant is always properly staffed to prevent these kinds of waits in the future.

Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed 2 nights with the family. Excellent hotel and superb setting along the water with its own pier where you can see the small fishing boots come and go or take your own fishing trip. The design of the rooms is not modern, but they are large and clean. The restaurant of the lodge is superb: excellent food, splendid view on the water and pier and very helpfull staff. Had a very good stay here!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ChristineFleming, General Manager at Painter's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

I’m thrilled to hear you enjoyed your visit to Painter’s Lodge. We work extremely hard to keep our service, food, accommodations and overall guest experience at a very high level. I’m so happy to see our efforts are paying off. Thank you for writing a review of our resort. Your kind words are greatly appreciated and I hope to see you back at the resort soon!