I have been coming to this lodge on and off for a few years, as I like its bucolic setting. My wife and I decided to stay here based on our previous experience on our trip around the island. We booked into a water view room and it happened that this was one of the hottest days of the year with temperatures reaching 30C or 90F. The rooms as like the rest of the hotel is not air conditioned and trying to sleep in that type of environment was impossible. We were drenched, the ceiling fan could not cool down what was essentially a sweat lodge. At about 2:00AM I called the front desk and they brought a fan. It helped, but we also had to sleep wit the patio door open and the associated security risk involved with doing so. Would I stay here again? Maybe but not in the summer months unless they add A/C units to all the rooms. This is not a four star resort. It is an expensive camp ground minus the tent at $178.00/night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the pristine shores of Vancouver Island, Painter's Lodge offers world-class salmon fishing, breathtaking wildlife and scenery and full amenities. When you're not fighting a mighty salmon on the line, soak in the outdoor pool, refine your serve on the tennis courts, or watch marine life play as you tour the coastline on a Wildlife Adventure Tour. Connected by water taxi, guests enjoy all the amenities including new Aveda Spa at April Point Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Painter's Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Painter`s Hotel Campbell River
- Painters Hotel Campbell River
- Painters Resort Campbell River
- Painter's Lodge Campbell River, Vancouver Island