“Good value”

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Campbell River
North Vancouver, BC
“Good value”
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We've stayed here the past two years on a buddy and son fishing trip to Campbell River. Heritage works for us, we stay in the three bedroom suite, cook our own meals (fresh caught salmon and steaks), drink a few beers and get ready to go fishing. The rooms are generally clean, well equipped and the morning breakfast is ready early to accommodate fishermen, travellers and trades guests. Don't expect too much and you won't be dissapointed.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 16 May 2012 via mobile

How this place gets to be rated #1 in Trip Advisor boggles my mind. I am learning the hard way about using Trip Advisor, take everything with a grain of salt. Whoever rate this place as good or excellent ought to have their heads checked. The place is a low rate Motel, away from the city outside of walking distance to any place useful and far from the beach. It is located in a commercial area behind the Box store called the Brick. It is old and i won't walk walk on the floor without my shoes. The fridge is extremely noisy and the room does not smell fresh.All in.all one of the worst if not the worst place i have stayed in. Not impressed. This is my first use of the Trip Advisor and i can say that i am not impress either.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Joe L
British Columbia
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I always stay at the Heritage River Inn when in Campbell River, which is ten or twelve times a year. I travel to CR for business on a regular basis and sometimes take my dog along. The HRI takes pets and the set up is safe and convenient. The place is a regular way point for residents of northern Vancouver Island as they travel south with their families. It's also a regular stopping point for contractors, the early to bed, early to rise crowd. It's simple, quiet and clean and the newer rooms are very spacious, the best choice for people like me who want a safe place with parking that allows me to haul lots of gear into the room. The staff and management are always friendly, which is important when you pull in after a long day on the road, and the WiFi is free and depenpendable. And on top of all that, the staff found my gold earrings and made sure that I got them back - much appreciated. They would have been hard to replace at today's gold prices!

Room Tip: I like the rooms which face the parking courtyard, they're very spacious.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I stayed at the Heritage River Inn, Campbell River while vacationing with my ex boyfriend several years ago. The scenery was absolutely gorgeous! The rooms were comfortable and spacious. The barbecue was so delicious that I was sure it must have been prepared by Iron Chef Bobby Flay himself.

The staff was incredible, particularly Rebekah the manager. She was very caring and attentive, and made us feel so welcome and at home. At one point, my ex boyfriend and I were without a vehicle (long story) and Rebekah drove us around town on her day off!!

My ex and I caught several wild Salmon, which would have cost well over $100 at the market. Not bad for recreational catch! It really was a trip that paid for itself.

Before my ex boyfriend passed away, he said that he had only two regrets in life: letting go of me, and never returning to the Heritage River Inn, Campbell River. He said it was the most enjoyable weekend he'd ever had in his life.

• Stayed October 2010
2 Thank JennK1984
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend. Beautiful location by the river. The grounds are well maintained with gorgeous flowers. The air conditioning works well. We thought the breakfast was amazing. Comfortable beds. Friendly staff. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I stayed here for 5 nights while taking a course. I appreciated the kitchenette and nice large room. We used the breakfast room as a meeting room and also the ourdoor gazebo and gas barbeque. The grounds were well kept, with beautiful flowers and a large lawn area. The location was beside the river and a short drive to downtown and shopping.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank tothelimit
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 1 April 2011

We went there in october for salmon fishing. The hotel is perfect for the anglers. There is a dry room where you can put your waders at the end of the day, and find them dried in the morning. We were in the suite, air conditioning is great, the rooms were simple but if you are out all the day you don' t need a lot of things. The breakfast is quite poor. I would like that would be more keys for the dry room.

Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends