“Location, Location and good value!”

Anchor Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Campbell River
Pelham, Canada
“Location, Location and good value!”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

My wife and 2 boys travelling on a budget, found the Anchor Inn & Suites to be good value for the dollars. Reasonable rooms and breakfast included. Most of all was the perfect waterfront view and balcony. Place was a little old and tired but very fair pricing.

Room Tip: All rooms are water view. Choose a room on lower floors in order to get best access and view. Higher...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Stayed October 19 & 20,2012, my friends recommend the Anchor Inn as it was close to their home. I was pleasantly suprised, the hotel was very comfortable and clean, the view from my room was breathe taking. Along with a great room rate. Laura & Mike at the Front Desk where great very helpful. The free breakfast was a nice bonus.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Vancouver Island
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We stayed 1 night at the Anchor Inn Oct 20th as part of a wedding group and had a very bad experience. Starting with the requirement for a $100 refundable “damage deposit” credit card hold, in addition to paying for the room, which the hotel explained is standard practice for rooms rented to large groups. Actually it isn’t, and we verified that by contacting other hotels in the area, none of whom charge a damage deposit . At any rate we paid for the room including the damage deposit, checked in and left the room for the day.
When we returned to the room much later that evening friends from our group spent some time in our room before we all went to another guest room. We had about a dozen people sitting on the beds and chairs in the room. Eventually we turned in for the night and that’s when we discovered the beds were crawling with bugs. Lots and lots of bugs.
In horror I went to the front desk in the wee hours of the morning, with some bugs in a cup as evidence, where I was reassured that these were carpet beetles, posing no health threat and would not come home with me in my luggage or clothes. I was given another room where I cautiously slept a few hours after checking that bed for bugs.
When we checked out Sunday morning the general manager wasn’t on site, and I was given her name and number and asked to call her Tuesday when she would be back at work. In the interim I was not charged for the overnight stay. I asked about cleaning my clothes and luggage as all were now exposed to bed bugs but was given no financial assistance with that and asked to speak to the manager about this.
When I called the GM Sherry on Tuesday, long distance from my home, I was verbally abused, called a liar, and told that I was “out of my head”. Sherry insisted that the bugs are carpet beetles, and that her “full time exterminator” has identified them as such. Well I’m no exterminator but a quick Google Image search confirmed our suspicions. See the photo, and judge for yourself. This is a very small sample of the bugs found.
She also advised that she had already gone above and beyond any customer service standards by comping the room charge. She was not willing to discuss anything further and became very defensive and angry. We were treated poorly from the start, before there were any problems. Once problems – bugs!! - occurred and we needed some customer service and consideration WE were treated like the problem! We had to bag our luggage and take it home to clean everything ourselves at our expense, and had to be the bearer of bad news, alerting all the folks who visited our room of the possibility they picked up some unwanted critters. This has tarnished the experience of sharing in our friend’s wedding. This hotel made thousands of dollars from this wedding and still would not give us any consideration, or any apologies for their complete and utter lack of service. A simple apology would have gone a long way to help us feel better but instead we were left with only insults and cleaning bills. AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE IT IS!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Shelley738
manager07, Manager at Anchor Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that it is not possible for me to refund the whole wedding back to you as you wanted. We have had Orkin in to check the room. They could not find anything, but to be on the safe side we have destroyed all the soft furnishing ( beds, chairs, bedding) in the room and closed the whole wing and have had them spray all rooms , halls etc. I am also sorry if you though me rude by asking you if you had stayed at another hotel the night before.This room was rented for 9 night before you and had no signs of pests.

Travellers are raving about these Campbell River hotels

Stirlingshire, Scotland
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Well I could sit in this restaurant all night and stare out at the views. Stunning.
Food is good, but be prepared for some things not being available on the menu. Not one night was everything available.
Breakfast is adequate, but dont think it will be a stunning start to the day.
Rooms...... sad dated and in need of a bit of a refurb.
Simming pool was also out of action due to maintenance....
Its a shame this place could be fantastic if some money could be spent on it.... but it looks like its on its way downhill quickly with a following wind at a rate of knots.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
manager07, General Manager at Anchor Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
Thank you for your comments. I have spoken to the chef about the restaurant. We at times do not have some of the seafoods as we get it fresh, we will note this on our menu. We renovated in 2000 with everyting new, and will be doing upgrading in the spring of 2013 .
New Westminster, Canada
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Delightful surprise. I had not expected much and was very pleasantly surprised by the wonderful stay. The room was very comfortable, clean and easy to get to. The included breakfast was great, nothing extraordinary, but real good ... scrambled eggs, bacon hash browns and toast and coffee. It was all good and I would stay there again and again

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the Ocean
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank deanna t
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Myself, my sister and her daughter stayed there overnight because sis's daughter was going in for knee surgery the following morning. We had time to enjoy the pool and hot tub, spent some time talking to other clients. All units at this site have patios overlooking the ocean and we saw two big cruise ships on their way to Alaska lit up in all their glory. Included in our stay was a continental breakfast which was a lot different the usual fair. Kathy could not eat because of her surgery but sis and I endulged in a real nice meal of scrambled eggs, hash browns bacon, toast and coffee strong the way I like it first thing in the morning. It has elevator access and is also wheel chair accessible a real nice atmosphere and people working there with a real nice attitude willing to answer most any questions you may want to ask. It is right on the old island highway and very easy to find plus it was a stones throw away from the hospital another bonus.

Room Tip: The upper floors have the best views and most parking is in the back.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your support.
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 27 July 2012

The picture of the Anchor in the internet displayed and reality are very different: The Anchor is old, worn out and chubby. It may have been nice 15 years ago. Now, it is just hardly OK for spending a night passing by. But no more. And even for that it is too expensive.
There are better alternatives a little further down the road.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple