“Very comfortable stay”

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Campbell River
Victoria,Canada
“Very comfortable stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

The room was a pleasant surprise as the hallways are a bit dated. It had was a nice modern room with good lighting, plenty of pillows and a small bathroom with tub.The balcony overlooking the water was great and it was interesting seeing cruise ships so close up that we could see the big screen on deck!
Breakfast was a good set meal of scrambled eggs and bacon. The servers were very friendly.

There were two small negatives: no elevator up to the seventh floor (reception and the main entrance are on fifth) and no air conditioning. But we survived in what was a very hot weekend for the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Emsworth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

We received a friendly welcome, but no offer of help with our cases – and everything involved stairs! – up to rooms and down to restaurant. There was a good sized pool and jacuzzi – must be expensive to have that running when no-one is using it. It was good to have a balcony, but roof below covered in cigarette butts.

Service for dinner was enthusiastic. Breakfast operates on a voucher system, and is a standard bacon and egg with powdered egg. I detected a faint sense of disapproval when I ordered something from the menu instead of having the standard breakfast ; but my pancakes were very good. (For menu items you offset the voucher value of $4 against the cost.)

Alongside the lift are adverts for bizarre themed suites, such as 'English Countryside', which features a 'carriage bed'!

All in all, rather difficult to categorise!

Cobble Hill, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

I have stayed here before but in the Winter. In the summer the room I was in had no air-conditioning. it had a small fan, which when the sliding door was open was OK blowing cool air in from the Ocean. which was OK until one of my neighbors decided to have a smoke out on the deck and it came right into my room. all the rooms on the floor i was on were no-smoking rooms. not sure what Hotel policy is on this. The view is great, but again with no air-conditioning the morning sun hits the sliding glass door for the first few hours in the morning and when I got up the thermometer in my room was 35 degrees C.
I not sure I would stay here again in the summer. They are asking prime rate for the rooms but in my mind all you are paying for is a view.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Campbell River hotels

Port Hardy, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

My aunt and I stayed here on the evenings of July 23 & 24. Having never stayed here before I was not sure of what to expect and I was pleasantly surprised. Gorgeous view from every room looking out across the strait to Quadra Island. The room was clean, updated linens and paint, the bed was so comfortable.
The staff were professional and very welcoming. I want to give a shout out to Tracey who was our waitress on the evening of July 24. This lady is a credit to her career and an outstanding example of customer service. She knew that menu backwards and forwards, made helpful suggestions and treated us like royalty. The meal was excellent!
The only suggestion I would like to make is to update the lights in the bathrooms - having to deal with old fluorescent lighting and having to listen the fan at the same time was irritating.
My aunt and I agree we have found our new accommodation of choice when we are in Campbell River.

Room Tip: The view from the second floor was great!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Worcester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

As others have said - the place is a little dated and in need of a redecoration. Note there is no lift and the sushi restaurant is permanently closed.

However, it has got waterside views from rooms and restaurant, its only 10 mins walk into town, close to museum (a must see) and the staff were very friendly.

We stayed before and after a package bear watching (look at grizzly bear watching . com) and it was fine for this.

Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed here July 4-5, 2013, just a quick getaway to relax. We also had our little dog Sadie which the hotel charged $10.00 per night extra. The room was relatively clean except for some cobwebs on the ceiling and dust in the coffee cup tray. The beds were great; very comfy and my spouse and I like opposite type beds; I like firm and he likes soft but we both slept well. Have dinner in the dining room; great view and very good seafood linguine and fish and chips. Tracy is a very friendly bartender; we even discovered we knew some same people! Small world. Breakfast is good except for the eggs; must be powdered. No info in the room about restaurant, no hours or menu. Signage is outdated or confusing; no sushi bar, where is the Discovery Deck anyway? Info in general needs updating. Grounds could use a little TLC. If the owners threw a few dollars at this place, it could be a goldmine. Nice and quiet at night. We would go back, even though it's a little rough around the edges.

Room Tip: No air conditioner in our room, if it's hot make sure to request one. We did have a fan. We like...
anywhere
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

Stayed here seveal days when on business. Hotel is 10 mins walking from the center of town. Room was ok, with very nice sea view. Balcony needs some TLC. Bathroom was small, wifi was instable. In general the hotel looks a bit dated. The hotel restaurants were closed during my stay since the national holiday (july 1) was coming up. Service was very friendly, at the reception as well as during breakfast. My room heated up quickly in the morning because of the sun, no airco in the room

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business