“Fantastic Father-Sons Memories”
Review of Steep Island Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Campbell River
Steep Island Lodge
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My two grown sons and I had the great opportunity to spend a few days here in September. We were NOT ready to leave it! Not a day goes by since that trip that a good memory doesn't pop into my head, whether the awesome scenery and setting of this lodge, the wildlife viewing throughout the day and night, or the incredible fishing trips with the best guide in the area! We took home 50 lbs. of frozen salmon filets. Chantal's hospitality and cooking was outstanding and trust me, we never went hungry. The 3 of us floating downstream in wetsuits alongside spawning salmon fighting upstream is a memory we will never forget and those are the kind of insider tips you only get from a host who truly knows the area.My youngest son said, "You don't even feel like arguing with your brother when you're watching eagles fly and Orcas jump!"
I'm ready to go back now........and I need to take my wife. Warren T.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 July 2013

I have been fortunate enough to go here two years in a row with a great group of folks. The fishing is absolutely awesome, the food is incredible, and lodge is gorgeous. I'm a sweet tooth and I have to tell you the desserts are off the charts! The views are incredible as well. We watched the cruise ships from a deck on top of the island as the sun was setting and it just seemed surreal. In the 2012 we got to enjoy the Northern Lights which I had never witnessed before and it really is amazing to see to all the colors streaking in the sky. Above all that the staff rocks! They truly are the highlight. Somebody mentioned it was like seeing an old friend and I couldn't agree more. They go above and beyond to make sure you are having a relaxing great time. I would highly recommend Steep for anybody to go and enjoy, but if you like fishing, put it on your bucket list. It is a must do trip! I hope I am lucky enough to go back again next year and see my friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Our second annual trip to Steep Island to show our company's appreciation to valued clients. Great lodge, great weather, great fishing, great food, great hosts. Chantal and her team really know how to look after their guests. Our U.S. guests could not get enough of the eagle show!

Highly recommended for corporate outings. If you have the $$$ in your budget, it is well worth it to stay at Steep Island!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2012

The incredible views from the helipad are only one of the many gifts that this island has to offer. Fishing guides met us at the dock each morning to take us either north or south as its centrally located on the Campbell River. Upon return we would be greated with snacks, cocktails and fabulous dinners. Our accomodations had everything and were very comfortable! Choose this destination for an unforgettable getaway outdoor fishing experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2012

For those looking to relax from a fast paced, stressful lifestyle or simply take the family for some fun on the water, this place is perfect in every way! Beautiful bald eagles perch in the tall evergreens surrounding the lodge while seals play in the water below. Kayaking, salmon fishing and an Eco tour of the island are among the activites offered, as well as, tossing a ball (or pine cone) to a few furry friends. Delicious meals and desserts, along with homemade cookies and fabulous appetizers, are served each day in the dining room. Chantal and crew also can pack an awesome lunch for those trips on the water! Every need is taken care of...the Steep Island Lodge staff are beyond THE BEST!

The memories from Steep Island Lodge will last a lifetime, but chances are a return visit will be in any future plans! We can hardly wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms...the views are incredible! There is not a swimming pool, but they do have a...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2011

What a spectacular place with a special charm and personality all attributable to Chantal and her staff. Everyone made our guys fishing trip totally comfortable, carefree and casual. The food was outstanding, the guides were terrific and the accommodations perfect. I have and will continue to recommend Steep Island Lodge to anyone looking for the perfect visit to this scenic part of the world for fishing or just sightseeing and relaxation.

Room Tip: Perfect size and comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Steep island is simply the best. This was my second year fishing there and I don't think I could ever go anyplace else. There is nothing more that I could ask for from a lodge. The staff at Steep Island makes you feel like you are visiting an old friend. They only use the BEST guides in all of Campbell river. The island is quiet and peaceful. Lots of eagles and
deer. Incredible views from the cabins. Landed a 33lb salmon, best fishing trip ever.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business