“Desolation Sound Kayaking Adventure”

Out For Adventure Kayak Instruction 101
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy a Kayak Day Tour to the Breton Islands or Granite Bay, or spend a few days kayaking in Johnstone Strait to view Orcas in their wild habitat. 3 to 5 day Kayak Adventures featuring top quality equipment, qualified guides and spectacular destinations including Discovery Islands & Desolation Sound. With a background in the adventure industry since 1994, our family at OFA invites you to join us for the experience of a lifetime.
Reviewed 21 June 2012

My husband and I built our own kayaks, but were nervous to take them out on the 'big water' for the first time by ourselves. We are semi experienced kayakers, just needed the experience of an expedition. During this expedition we had rain, wind, sun and fog, so it was the contagious enthusiasm of our guide that kept everyone engaged, and in good spirits. We also really enjoyed the freshly prepared meals which were well prepared, and beautifully presented in addition to accommodating the need for a wheat free meal plan. Hopefully we will be back in a year or two. Thanks!

There are newer reviews for Out For Adventure Kayak Instruction 101

Reviewed 20 December 2011

We (3 adults, 2 adolescents) went on the 5 day Orca expedition. The brochure was very clear that a risk existed of NOT seeing Orca. This was fair and realistic. As it was, we saw adult and juvenile Orca hunting, a range of whales and dolphins, seals, and lots of bald eagles. On one memorable night, we stood on the beach at dusk and listened to a humpback whale coasting past, puffing through its blowhole.
The staff were enthusiastic, courteous and fabulous cooks. It was lovely to paddle all day and be served up delicious food for dinner, breakfast and lunch. I particularly valued having time to have fun with my kids without doing the 'boring' bit of feeding them.
I've sea kayaked in Scotland and Canada for the last 9 years. This was an outstanding trip.

3  Thank DoctorWScotland_UK
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I've done the orca adventure trip twice with Out for Adventure. Both times we saw orcas, which yes, are not guaranteed. What is guaranteed is an amazing area, superior guides, amazing food and a fun experience.

I am a kayaker and have done several unguided tours, as well as guided tours. Out for Adventure is our choice if you are traveling in a group of inexperienced kayakers and experienced kayakers. Their guides ensure everyone has fun, and is safe which is not easy to do.

I am in the process of figure out which Out for Adventure I want to do with a group of friends for 2012, this says a lot about my experience, as well as those that travel with me.

5  Thank HappyNewlyweds2010
Reviewed 14 August 2011

First, let me say, we greatly enjoyed our kayaking trip. But as fair warning to people, like me, who are going on the trip PRIMARILY to see orcas in their natural habitat; don’t get too excited. I know the company will say that there is no guarantee to see orcas, but the name of the trip and the incredible pictures on the website really pull a person in to think that this is the kind of experience you are gonna get. Not so... It’s true you can’t make mother nature come to you, especially in a slow moving kayak, but I was still very disappointed that I spent three days and did not see even a distant glimpse of an orca.
So what did I get? A relaxed guide who was incredibly knowledgable about the beautiful area and the ocean life, excellent meals, paddling tips, a safe and conscientious guide, green campsite, reasonable paddling distances that were fun and not too strenuous for myself and my husband, with virtually no kayaking experience. It was a great experience, just not the one I initially was hoping for.

2  Thank TexanInCanada