“The Best Kayaking trip in Every Way”

Out For Adventure Kayak Instruction 101
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy a Kayak Day Tour to the Breton Islands or Granite Bay, or spend a few days kayaking in Johnstone Strait to view Orcas in their wild habitat. 3 to 5 day Kayak Adventures featuring top quality equipment, qualified guides and spectacular destinations including Discovery Islands & Desolation Sound. With a background in the adventure industry since 1994, our family at OFA invites you to join us for the experience of a lifetime.
Reviewed 13 September 2012

The 5 Day desolation Sound Kayaking trip with the "Out for adventure" Company, based on Quadra Island BC was fantasti8c in every way: The logistics were excellent, the equipment top notch, the food was plentiful and exceptionally prepared ( by our guide Jessica), and our needs ( vegetqarian, plus gluten free were totally supplied! The itinerary was excellent, with a different vibe every day. The guide was highly professional, and very engaging, and helped make th trip! Deswolation sound is spectacular.My aqdult daughter and I had a wonderful time, and highly recommend the organization and the trip to everyone! Ilan rubin, Jerusalem

Reviewed 25 August 2012

I went on a base camp trip in Sept. 2008 with three friends. We stayed on Quadra the day before and left on day one from the office. The water taxi ride was rough and slow because of wind and when we got there we couldn't kayak on the first day. This was four years ago and we were on a four day base camp (no longer avail). We hiked up to a point and watch the strait from there, seeing one pod in the distance. On day two, perfect weather. We yakked across the strait to Robson blight, had lunch, a hike, then back across in the boats. Then it happened. The research crew had been radioing an unidentified pod wad close to our location. After a wait of 30 mins a transient pod came into our cove. We watched from our boats for about and hour then landed at camp. The pod stayed around for a while. Bald eagles soared over head and sea otters were around the beach. It was like someone turned on a switch. The next day we kayaked to the bay where the research team is. We watched a bear swimming in the cove. Eagles everywhere and in the water..... seals, dolphins , otters, and a huge elephant looking walrus came right by me. On the way back in our boats an orca pod stayed with us for a couple hours. Suddenly the the orcas took off, puzzling our guide. He then yelled "hard left and paddle as fast as you can" We the watched a hundred or so dolphins go jumping at lightening speed down the strait . Our guides Kyle and Loren were even amazed at the site. The next day when we left, I almost cried because I hated to go. In the evenings we had great campfires with meals and a tasty breakfast everyday. Never hungry. The staff are fun and knowledgable. This year my sister was thinking of going this year so we went to the website and found my friends and I on the base camp slide show. Reminded me how magical that trip was. I realize some people don't see even one orca as this is not a theme park, but nature. The amazing staff do all they can for your comfort and safety. What happens after that.......? I think I'll be going again next year on a nomadic type trip and will choose Out for Adventure again.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

I was looking for a vacation for myself and my 21 year old son before he headed off to college. It took us some time to find something we both thought we would enjoy but we finally decided on the 5 day Orca Expedition on Johnstone Strait with Out For Adventure in July. The trip was everything we had hoped for. I had almost no experience kayaking, so I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to keep up. It wasn't an issue. Our guides Jessica and Sophie were outstanding. They were fun, informative, patient and always there for us. Meals were never a disappointment. There were 6 of us in the group and none of us went hungry. They were healthy and presented in a way that we never felt like we were “roughing” it. We saw all kinds of wild life - Orcas, Humpbacks, Bald Eagles, Porpoise, Sea Lions, Seals and urchins. Our visit to the Robson Bight Ecologial Reserve in the middle of the week was a nice break from kayaking, they do wonderful work. We would recommend this trip to everyone! Kathy Marchen, Mississauga ON

Reviewed 21 June 2012

My husband and I built our own kayaks, but were nervous to take them out on the 'big water' for the first time by ourselves. We are semi experienced kayakers, just needed the experience of an expedition. During this expedition we had rain, wind, sun and fog, so it was the contagious enthusiasm of our guide that kept everyone engaged, and in good spirits. We also really enjoyed the freshly prepared meals which were well prepared, and beautifully presented in addition to accommodating the need for a wheat free meal plan. Hopefully we will be back in a year or two. Thanks!

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 December 2011

We (3 adults, 2 adolescents) went on the 5 day Orca expedition. The brochure was very clear that a risk existed of NOT seeing Orca. This was fair and realistic. As it was, we saw adult and juvenile Orca hunting, a range of whales and dolphins, seals, and lots of bald eagles. On one memorable night, we stood on the beach at dusk and listened to a humpback whale coasting past, puffing through its blowhole.
The staff were enthusiastic, courteous and fabulous cooks. It was lovely to paddle all day and be served up delicious food for dinner, breakfast and lunch. I particularly valued having time to have fun with my kids without doing the 'boring' bit of feeding them.
I've sea kayaked in Scotland and Canada for the last 9 years. This was an outstanding trip.

3  Thank DoctorWScotland_UK