“Experience of a lifetime” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eagle Eye Adventures

Eagle Eye Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Get away to a place where you will find THE only item on your To-Do list is,to look out for the next whale or bear making a memorable appearance on their terms! "COLLECT MOMENTS, NOT THINGS." On Vancouver Island, you can immerse in our Wildlife. Everywhere on Vancouver Island is teeming with wildlife, creature's great and small; the land up here still belongs to mother nature. Our waterways are what we're famous for.The unique currents caused by ebbing and flooding tides charge a food chain that reaches from phytoplankton up through herring, salmon, dolphins, seals, orcas and humpback whales, among myriad other marine mammals and wildlife you'll find in the straights and open waters surrounding the Discovery Islands. From Campbell River, hop onto our boats and head out on the water off the Discovery Islands, Desolation sound, and sometimes the sunshine coast for a glimpse of a pod of orcas or a Humpback breaching the surface. Porpoises and Dolphins can sometimes be seen playing in the wake of our boats. Above all, what we love about the wilderness here; it's still wild. It's why, no matter how far away we go, we always come back. It's the greatest risk of coming here, you never want to leave!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Experience of a lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

My wife and I took three tours in three days with Eagle Eye and loved each one of them. Jos the owner led two of the tours and Lee led the third. The grizzly bear tour was the highlight - we saw sea lions, dolphins, eagles, orcas, seals, and six grizzly bears - including three cubs and one bear within 25 feet of us.

This company takes a sustainable approach to its tours, always keeping the wellbeing of the animals a top priority. While the fee is not inexpensive, it is worth every penny and a portion of it is used for conservation efforts. I can't say enough about how enjoyable our experience was with Eagle Eye.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank BennyG1980

Nanaimo, Canada
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Orcas, Dolphins and Sea Lions, Oh My!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

Yesterday was a beautiful day weather-wise but being on the water with Eagle Eye and finding whales plus other wildlife made it very special. Granted, when we arrived, I was a bit put off by the fact that we were going in Zodiacs, not on a larger vessel (my hubby booked the trip). I like the security of a larger boat with as needed bathrooms available. By the end of the day, though, I was sold on the Zodiacs. They do have a bathroom if you need it just by waving a hand (no one did) and there was a washroom on Stuart Island where we stopped for lunch. We've done the trip on a larger vessel and I can truly say you feel closer to the wildlife in the Zodiacs. We lucked out and saw Orcas within minutes of launch and then we saw a different pod at the end of the day. Perhaps it is just me, though, but I especially enjoyed seeing the group of about two dozen Pacific White Sided dolphins as they lunched on herring. They were very playful and beautiful to watch. We had two boats go, one guided by Elvis and the other by Yos. Both guides were very friendly, competent sailors and knowledgeable. Lunch was sandwiches, drinks (hot and cold) and pastries. Nothing special but what can you expect from coolers! I would recommend this trip to my friends and will do so!

Visited September 2013
Lanztville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Don't get your hopes up”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

We booked via Island Daily deals (4 hour trip). We told them over the phone we had four vouchers, and they said it was fine. In person the same person over the phone took issue with the vouchers. Luckily we managed to get on the boat.

The two stars are attributed to Elvis, who was a great guide and worked his butt off to keep us entertained... but the trip itself was not worth the price, not by a long shot. No whales or bears were seen, our saving grace was a group of dolphins but that was cut short because we had to turn back or else be late.

I thought surely since we saw no whales I could at least get a deal on a future trip with Eagle eye, but alas the cold front desk woman rejected any sort of savings.

According to their website: ""If we do not see a whale on your Whale Watch tour with us between July 15 and September 15 then we will take you out again at no charge, on a stand-by basis, until we do see one!"" yet the five other members of our group who paid FULL price were not given vouchers. No compensation was given.

I recommend a company with a true guarantee such as Eagle Wing Tours in Victoria. I intend to take my visiting friends and relatives whale watching in the future and I will NOT be booking again with this company, not for $110 + tax with no guarantee. Their only saving grace is Elvis.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank Nick B
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A Whale of a time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

We spent 6 hours on the water scooting around the Inside Passage looking for whales and other wildlife, escorted by our able guide Elvis.
Check-in was simple, all equipment provided and the open boat was comfortable enough for the day. A simple, tasty lunch was provided at our Stuart Island stop.
Although the whales seemed to be hiding on us, our guide was assisted by a network of other tour boats on the water who helped locate the whales, and as a result we were treated to an excellent show of orcas!
Spectacular natural beauty of landscape, animals, birds & whales.
Loved the trip, and the rainy day made the landscape and water look so mysterious!
We'll return on a sunny day for sure!

Visited August 2013
Parksville, B.C.
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Good trip but some challenges for us”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Pros of this type of wildlife watching are: The zodiac felt safe, took rapids easily, you can get very close to shorelines, it can go fast so excitement in the ride adds enjoyment for many. The suits are surprisingly comfortable and warm. We just came back from a 4/5 hour tour, it was a beautiful July day. We saw lots of white sided dolphins, that followed in our wake many times, lots of feeding eagles, they sure are excellent fishermen, lol. Also saw a Mama Bear and her cub. I have never seen rapids like that, though we have chartered in Port Hardy and Sooke. We were disappointed that we didn't see any whales. We live here and have fished off and on for 30 years, so have seen our share of wildlife, but the whales never cease to take your breath away. Our main reason for going was to hopefully see whales. I had decided to bring my elderly father, who has heart disease, so a lot of difficulty walking very far at all. He has a wheelchair for that. I had asked about any difficulties beforehand and was not warned of some things. I discovered my father had to go down a ramp to get to the office and the boat and it was steep at the time, not high tide. It would have been very difficult for him to get to the bathroom on the zodiac on his own as well. We stopped someplace to get off for a bathroom break and snack break. There was another ramp to go up, and a dock to walk along and a short trail to get to the bathrooms and where they had the snacks. The guide and another man helped Dad off the zodiac, however, there was no way he could walk up that ramp and then the dock and trail, which is not far at all for most people. Everyone had left and I was left alone with him, needing to relieve his bladder. A very kind man from another boat came over, helped him to find a private place to urinate off the dock, helped him take his suit down and back up again, and together with his friend, got him back into the boat. I thank God for those angels. Then I had to run up to the bathroom, grab some snacks and drinks for us, and get back down to him. We did not get to connect with anyone or join in the conversation around the snacking or ask any questions of our great guide. I did not enjoy this trip due to my anxiety over looking after my father. Problems we had with being on the zodiac were the cold wind in our faces and the distance we had to go in that wind before reaching any place where we slowed down. This was a gorgeous July day, I would never want to do it in inclement weather. I would not do this again, even without my Dad. I am used to having a cabin cruiser and this just isn't comfortable enough for me. I am a 63 year old woman. I am writing this review as a heads up for the elderly, the handicapped, etc. so you know what you are getting into.

Visited July 2013