“Cancelled very late”

Eagle Eye Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Come and join us for the most spectacular Whale Watching, Grizzly Bear Expedition and Wildlife Tours in your life! From April 1st until mid-October, Eagle Eye Adventures Tours offers Whale Watching, Ocean rapids/Wildlife tours and of course our magnificent Grizzly Bear Expeditions. Your adventure starts at Campbell River’s Discovery Harbour Marina. Come and explore the beautiful central coast of British Columbia – one of the best places in the world to observe whales, grizzly bears, and other wildlife. Eagle Eye Adventures Tours have been named as one of the top 2 best things to do in Canada by European travel agencies. Our tours are a terrific base for photography and viewing diverse wildlife. With a maximum of 12 guests on each tour, we can personalize your wilderness adventure, and help you put those animals on your life list. From right in Campbell River, you can hop onto one of our boats and head out on the waters of Johnstone Strait, and Desolation Sound, off the Discovery Islands, and sometimes even the Sunshine Coast to watch a pod of Orcas or to witness a Humpback Whale breaching the surface. Porpoises and Dolphins can often be seen playing in the wake of our boats. What we love about the wilderness here is that it is still wild! Our straights and open waterways are what we’re famous for. The unique currents caused by ebbing and flooding tides support a food chain that starts with phytoplankton up through herring, salmon, dolphins, seals, orcas and humpback whales. On land, you can find cinnamon, black, and grizzly bears, deer, elk, cougar, wolves, and of course eagles, watching you as you watch them. Not only can we show you these magnificent creatures, but we can also give you a better understanding of the complex ecosystem which supports these animals. We work closely with other tour companies and scientists to protect our environment and are candidates to be named a World Whale Heritage Site. We are doing everything we can to preserve our whales for the future. The best way to see Grizzly Bears in their natural habitat is to join us on our covered boat and ride in comfort to Bute Inlet and the mouth of the Orford River. This is home to a significant concentration of coastal grizzlies. During the late summer and early autumn, bears are drawn to the many salmon spawning streams feeding into the coastal inlets. While the local bear population reaches its peak in the autumn, during the spring and summer bears feed on sedges, succulents, and grasses that make up the river estuary. These ongoing sources of high-quality food are why coastal grizzlies and brown bears are larger than inland bears. Don’t miss this unforgettable opportunity to witness the wildlife of Vancouver Island along some of the most majestic coastlines in the world!
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Received an email 2 days before cancelling our trip, fortunately we were in a motel with wifi & checked emails or we may have turned up expectantly. Managed to book with another company. Email stated that an email to them hadn't been sent, when you're charging £200 + per person for a trip surely it's the companies job to check everything is ok!

1  Thank millster3
There are newer reviews for Eagle Eye Adventures

Reviewed 15 September 2013

My wife and I took three tours in three days with Eagle Eye and loved each one of them. Jos the owner led two of the tours and Lee led the third. The grizzly bear tour was the highlight - we saw sea lions, dolphins, eagles, orcas, seals, and six grizzly bears - including three cubs and one bear within 25 feet of us.

This company takes a sustainable approach to its tours, always keeping the wellbeing of the animals a top priority. While the fee is not inexpensive, it is worth every penny and a portion of it is used for conservation efforts. I can't say enough about how enjoyable our experience was with Eagle Eye.

1  Thank BennyG1980
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Yesterday was a beautiful day weather-wise but being on the water with Eagle Eye and finding whales plus other wildlife made it very special. Granted, when we arrived, I was a bit put off by the fact that we were going in Zodiacs, not on a larger vessel (my hubby booked the trip). I like the security of a larger boat with as needed bathrooms available. By the end of the day, though, I was sold on the Zodiacs. They do have a bathroom if you need it just by waving a hand (no one did) and there was a washroom on Stuart Island where we stopped for lunch. We've done the trip on a larger vessel and I can truly say you feel closer to the wildlife in the Zodiacs. We lucked out and saw Orcas within minutes of launch and then we saw a different pod at the end of the day. Perhaps it is just me, though, but I especially enjoyed seeing the group of about two dozen Pacific White Sided dolphins as they lunched on herring. They were very playful and beautiful to watch. We had two boats go, one guided by Elvis and the other by Yos. Both guides were very friendly, competent sailors and knowledgeable. Lunch was sandwiches, drinks (hot and cold) and pastries. Nothing special but what can you expect from coolers! I would recommend this trip to my friends and will do so!

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We booked via Island Daily deals (4 hour trip). We told them over the phone we had four vouchers, and they said it was fine. In person the same person over the phone took issue with the vouchers. Luckily we managed to get on the boat.

The two stars are attributed to Elvis, who was a great guide and worked his butt off to keep us entertained... but the trip itself was not worth the price, not by a long shot. No whales or bears were seen, our saving grace was a group of dolphins but that was cut short because we had to turn back or else be late.

I thought surely since we saw no whales I could at least get a deal on a future trip with Eagle eye, but alas the cold front desk woman rejected any sort of savings.

According to their website: ""If we do not see a whale on your Whale Watch tour with us between July 15 and September 15 then we will take you out again at no charge, on a stand-by basis, until we do see one!"" yet the five other members of our group who paid FULL price were not given vouchers. No compensation was given.

I recommend a company with a true guarantee such as Eagle Wing Tours in Victoria. I intend to take my visiting friends and relatives whale watching in the future and I will NOT be booking again with this company, not for $110 + tax with no guarantee. Their only saving grace is Elvis.

5  Thank Nick B
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We spent 6 hours on the water scooting around the Inside Passage looking for whales and other wildlife, escorted by our able guide Elvis.
Check-in was simple, all equipment provided and the open boat was comfortable enough for the day. A simple, tasty lunch was provided at our Stuart Island stop.
Although the whales seemed to be hiding on us, our guide was assisted by a network of other tour boats on the water who helped locate the whales, and as a result we were treated to an excellent show of orcas!
Spectacular natural beauty of landscape, animals, birds & whales.
Loved the trip, and the rainy day made the landscape and water look so mysterious!
We'll return on a sunny day for sure!