“Nuanced, delicious food”

Imagine Thai Food
Ranked #38 of 143 Restaurants in Campbell River
“Nuanced, delicious food”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My family and I recently ordered some food from this restaurant, and were very pleased with the delicate flavouring and freshness of the food. I have a son who prides himself on being a Thai foodie, and he was just delighted with the meal we had from Imagine Thai Food. It was surprisingly quickly prepared, but was early in the evening. We highly recommend it.

• Visited August 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“disappointing”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had great hopes for the new restaurant in town! Something other than the perpetual Sushi restaurants! Sadly, this was disappointing. Not horrible or inedible, but very oily and lacking in the usually brilliant flavours of Thailand. The wonton soup, which I thought was pretty well infallible, was strangely sweet! Unpleasant! Most likely not going to be visiting again, but I do believe in off days and second chances!

• Visited July 2014
Nanaimo, Canada
“Authentic, tasty Thai food”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Looked up good places to eat in Campbell River after being very disappointed in the food at the resort we were staying at. This is a basic mom and pop operation. On entering the restaurant it is fairly obvious that there are only two staff. One out front and one cooking. So cannot understand some posters who complained about slow service. All food is made to order so in fairness it could take some time if busy. There were four other tables the night we ate there and the food came out fairly fast. My wife had the green curry while I had pad thai. The curry was really good but the pad thai was outstanding. Best I have eaten since ordering from a food stall in the Khao san road area of Bangkok. Noodles were separate and not glued together the way so many make it.Too bad I live too far away or this would be a once a week meal

2 Thank Richard W
Campbell River, Canada
“Authentic, delicious and reasonably priced”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Fantastic Thai cuisine - authentic and really tasty. Few Thai restaurants make the effort to locate and use the vegetables that you get when in Thailand, but this place does, and it makes a difference! We thoroughly enjoyed this meal and will definitely be eating here again - a real treat!

1 Thank kaylou101
Bali, Indonesia
“Amazing Thai food and great service”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I had dinner at Imagine last night and loved it. The owners Tom and Noy are so nice and friendly and every dish we ordered was fantastic. This could easily be the best restaurant in Campbell River!