“Cute boutique hotel”

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Campbell River
“Cute boutique hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012 via mobile

It's a neat place. Staff are friendly. Location is great, right by the water, I would have gone for run in the morning if it hadnt been raining so bad. The traffic noise does not bother me at all. The staff was accommodating and gave us a room on the second floor, away from the noise a bit but still has an ocean view. Breakfast is good, it has everything basic, exactly what I am looking for. Wi fi is free, quite good reception in the room. Shower is good, always hot water anytime of the day and the shower curtain captures all the water, so it's not leaking everywhere like some hotels out there. Bed is comfortable, like how there's a balcony, simply open the door to air out the shower steam. Only 5 min drive or so to downtown. Would definitely come back.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

We have just stayed for 2 nights prior to Knight Inlet. have to say, Herons Landing exceeded our expectations. We chose the 2 bedroom Penthouse, and we had spectacular sea views. The beds were divine...had a fantastic sleep both nights.

Our penthouse had everything you needed right down to a fully stocked kitchen. There were also takeout menus, which we made use of at dinner time. I loved the quiet location, and it was only 3 km from the Marina if you want to go and do a tour with Hurricane Jack, which was just awesome.

breakfast - this is help yourself, and there is a wide range to chose from, considering its complimentary.

Loved the self service laundry, which we made full use of as we had been traveling for 4 weeks already on an around the world trip.

Other than that - great staff, especially the lovely Janet who was very welcoming, and made our stay great.

Room Tip: Go for the Penthouse - huge and comfortable, a home away from home.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Travebug
herons1, General Manager at Heron's Landing Hotel, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
I just wanted to thank you for the wonderful comments you posted regarding your stay with us at Heron's Landing Hotel.

We strive to create a clean, comfortable stay for our guest's.

It really means alot to all of us here, when guest's are happy with their stay.

I am blessed to work with a team of people who truly care about our guest's.

We hope you will come back and see us again!

LONDON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

This was my first trip to Campbell River, and the Heron's Landing Hotel was a good place to stay to enjoy the area. It faces right on the coastal waters, with good walk into the town centre, where there is a museum, good restaurants and pier where salmon fishing is done. There is a bus into the centre of the town immediately from the hotel. The accommodation was very good, with a lift at the rear of the property if you did not wish to climb the stairs. The room we stayed in was more of a suite, with a kitchen and lounge area. Plenty of tea and coffee, iced water and you could help yourself to fresh milk if you wanted it. Clean rooms and plenty of space.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments on trip advisor.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Heron's Landing.

Maybe you will be able to come and visit us again.

Campbell River, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

Hello. That today was so cute when i was sitting there and to see how all you were having fun.
I Brenda Brandon came in just to ask if there was anything in housekeeping and just to have a chat love it there already hook me up for a job.You guy"s are so cute and the dog too.
Thank you for your time today it was a blast hope to hear rom you soon.
Brenda Brandon.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BrendaBrandon
London, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

We stayed here en route to The Knight Inlet Lodge...much to my disappointment. Our room was stuffy, I slept on a pull-out bed from a wardrobe which was covered in dust in extreme heat, with the only thing cooling down the room being a tiny fan. Breakfast was poor, I had a cold waffle, and when I left the hotel, I felt like I had just left a youth hostel. Terrible experience.

Room Tip: Try to ask for more fans in your room!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank George B
herons1, General Manager at Heron's Landing Hotel, responded to this review, 1 September 2012
Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor.
The feedback we get from guest's is important to us. It helps us to improve anyway we can.
I'm sorry your guest experience while here was not satisfactory.
You mentioned the fan was small, yet all the fans in the 1 Bedroom suites are stand up, full size fans.
You also mentioned for breakfast you had a cold waffle. They are meant to be toasted in the toaster, which is why they are situated in front of the toaster. We offer a wide variety of choices at breakfast, so I wondered why you didn't try some of the other things available.
We have yogart, bagels, english muffins, bread, 3 different types of cereal, a meat and cheese platter, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, fruit juices, etc.
The Murphy bed which you slept in is quite comfortable. It is a full size bed. I am sorry if you found dust anywhere. Our cleaning standards are very high.

Thank you again for your comments.

Townsville, Qld, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at Heron's Landing for five nights (11-16 August 2012) and thoroughly enjoyed our home away from home. We had a one bedroom suite and it was very spacious and we were lucky enough to have a room facing the ocean - spectacular views from our room and balcony. The kitchen is fully equipped: large fridge, oven, microwave, cutlery etc and even a dishwasher! The news beds are super comfortable.

The hotel has free wi-fi, free underground secure car parking and a coin operated laundry. The continental breakfast provides a variety choices. The hotel is not air-conditioned however due to the sea breeze and the fans provided this was not a problem.

The staff are extremely friendly, informative and eager to help with any request. We would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Thank you to all of the staff at Heron's Landing you made us feel right at home :-)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review.
I am thrilled that you were happy with your stay with us.
I hope you will come back again some day.
We strive to create a homey, comfortable, clean place for our guest's to stay.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

I am in Campbell River often on a company business and stay in Heron's Landing practically every time. There are probably better hotels somewhere, but not in Campbell River, I tried them all. I always chose room with kitchenette, those are big, almost appartment-size rooms. From bottom to top: secure underground parking, luggage carts, elevator, nice clean rooms, TV and fast internet, kitchen is basic but good enough for my needs. Balconies are particularly cozy and add charm to the place. There is no A/C, but when I stayed there this summer I had fan going, and for "hot BC" summer it was adequate. Staff is corteous and friendly. Location is somewhat noisy, but rooms at the back aren't too bad at all. There is a nice seawalk across the street, great for rollerbades or bike ride.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business