“Ocean's of Fun”

Moxie's Grill & Bar
Ranked #15 of 140 Restaurants in Campbell River
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Pub
Good for: View, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Moxie's Grill & Bar Campbell River, casual dining restaurant located in the Discovery Harbour Shopping Centre, features a patio, full menu and bar. Open late
Campbell River, Canada
“Ocean's of Fun”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I was taken here for dinner the other night and it was lovely. It is moderately priced with outside seating as well as inside. The service was a little slow, but the food was awesome. I have had a variety of different meals at this restaurant and they have all been great. From salads to appetizers to entrees it is great. The atmosphere if you are lucky to get a window seat inside or are in the outside atrium you have a wonderful view of the ocean and the boats coming and going. It is a great place to go.

Visited August 2014

Vancouver Island, Canada
“Very poor service we wont be back !”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had been here once before and I rated it a 3 but it has gone down hill ! We went for the Sunday Brunch, 7 of us in a family. We asked to sit outside and they made a table for us.
First problem, the deck was not clean, table didn't look clean and they didn't wipe it down.
Let me clarify that the place was almost empty, we went for brunch 11:30 and had checked online and thought they had a brunch .... got there and no breakfast or brunch on the menu, problem #2, only one of 8 menu's had a brunch menu in it, we just found it as we were about to give up.
Next .. finally they brought coffee .... but .... they dropped 4 coffee's and no spoons, we had no utensils and no napkins, finally we flagged the waitress down again and got spoons, no napkins so they just dropped them on the table ? not cool !
So we got them to bring brunch menu and ordered. The food came, not all at once like most places but 2 plates ... then finally another 2 plates .... finally I had to ask them for utensils as we had none ? very poor and that was between 3 different people working there and again, not busy !
The food came, 3 had french toast and the strawberries were so sweet it was hard to eat them and we didn't. One steak salad, they didn't give a choice of dressing and although we eat spicy food it was too much ! the steak was also chewy and fatty ! not good !
Sausage hash .... I make better hash at home, it didn't have much flavor and the sausage was touch and chewy with little spice or taste ! I went to add salt and pepper but again none on the table either. Classic breakfast came, sounded huge but was not, also the toast was overdone and black on top, a light burn I would call it, not suitable to put on a plate and serve unless someone asks for it that way.
So .... the service was terrible ! a 1 at best ! very disappointing .... and I would only rate the food a 2, again very disappointing. We have lived in CR for years and been here before, my son and family who just moved here wanted to try it but none of us will be returning or trying it again.
We also used to buy their gift cards to give away as presents and gifts at work, but that will not be happening anymore either .... seriously about the worst service ever from 3 different servers in a place that was dead !
Suggestion ... go somewhere else ! sad but true
they also advertise an ocean view on their web page but it is poor, there are many much better in CR !

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank PandGP
Bunbury, Australia
“Enjoyed our Lunch”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Knowing that it's my inlaws' favourite lunch location, we treated them to a most enjoyable midday meal, overlooking Discovery Passage. Their generous serves of chicken wings looked delicious and they quickly made short work of them! My Haddock Lemon Quinoa was the right choice, too. My wife commented that her tuna starter was enjoyable, but she'd order the haddock next time. I can recommend the cappuccino... and I'll be back for some of those scrumptious chicken wings!

• Visited July 2014
Canada
“Average”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Food choices in Campbell River are limited. Moxie's is one of the better ones between the few choices. Still seems overpriced with so-so service. Running out of pasta dough at 8:30pm??? For real? Place simply does not inspire. Average!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank drpetr
Tremblant
“Good meal in Campbell River”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We were a group of 6 which included 2 teenagers. The service was polite and fast. The food was excellent. I had salmon, two of the others had steak and one had the seafood pasta dish. All were excellent. Located right on the shore line, this is a great place to eat.

Visited June 2014