“Great afternoon lunch experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Salmon Point Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 139 Restaurants in Campbell River
Price range: US$10 - US$19
Cuisines: Bar, Canadian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, View, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Canada
“Great afternoon lunch experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

I enjoyed one of the lunch specials, quesadilla with a pesto sauce, great combination of goodies inside. The ambience is fantastic with a lot of local wood in the structure, a fire place and a huge deck for outdoor seating right along the ocean. Lots of activity on the water with tugs and barges, boats of all kind.

Washrooms were clean and there is a ramp to get into the building but there are stairs separating the different corners of the restaurant. The staff were very friendly and I saw the chef talking with one of the guests about a sauce (that was all I could eaves drop on). I was surprised to see how full the restaurant got in the 1 1/2 hours that I was there with friends. A large group of about 20 were in one section of the restaurant, so if you have a large group I am sure with advanced notice they could accommodate.

Lots of variety on the menu to please a group or children.

Location location location.

• Visited March 2014

Saskatoon, Canada
“A Wonderful Awaking to my Sense of Taste”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Thank you to Chef Dave Millar for his selection of dishes to satisfy every palate from taste, appetite, stomach and some say the heart.
I had the privilege to enjoy a seafood chowder like non other with large pieces of salmon, shrimp and clams in a delicious creamy broth. Fabulous. I also had the Carmel Soy and Whiskey Crusted Salmon Salad . The Carmel crust was made using brown sugar in the marinade, accompanied with Asian noodles, fresh greens, cucumber, tomatoes almonds with an absolutely flavourful ginger vinaigrette . Wow ! Hard to believe food could be so pleasing to the taste.
Outside seating, large windows viewing the ocean.

• Visited March 2014
Campbell River, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to celebrate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

We had our wedding reception here last October. They were very good to us and I would highly recommend this place for an event! Our reception was small, less than 40 guests, and everyone REALLY enjoyed the food (buffet style). Because of years of not so great food here, I was hesitant to have our reception here. But lucky for us they had a new chef and he did an outstanding job! We have since been back for my husbands birthday, our group tried the seafood crepes, the half chicken, and the pulled pork - all with great reviews. We will certainly keep coming back!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Schrodo
Vancouver Island BC
“Great view and nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Nice Oceanside restaurant with pub seating as well as outdoor in the summer months. Usually has a good selection on the menu and pretty good service. Close to my home so eat here often.

• Visited February 2014
Vancouver
“5 times.....all terrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

My husband loves the view, I enjoy walking the trail prior to dining, so we thought we would reluctantly give it one more shot.

Our meals in the past have been barely OK. Heard there was a new chef and thought it may have improved.

We are Schnitzel fans and had heard the advertisements, so that is what we ordered.
News flash......the schnitzel was very poor quality, dry and flavorless.

Too bad, no more coming back here when there are plenty of other good restaurants to choose from.

• Visited February 2014