“Best breakfast in town”

Popsey's Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 139 Restaurants in Campbell River
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Duncan, Canada
“Best breakfast in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

Although the pricing options are more than a little confusing, if not outright contradictory, the food was excellent. I mean, sure - it's just breakfast, how can you screw that up? But there is such a thing as a bad breakfast, which is what makes GOOD breakfasts so memorable. If you can negotiate the menu it's worth it for the good food. Hard to rate the dollar value because with their specials it ranges from super cheap to hella expensive.

Example: breakfast special - 2 eggs, a pancake and toast for like 2.99. Menu price - 1 pancake, 2 eggs and 2 toast for 6.99. Wait, what?

• Visited April 2012

Campbell River, Canada
“Wonderful Cheap Breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

If all you want for brekkie is an omelette or fried eggs and bacon - this is the place... really really reasonable at any time.
All the food is cooked fresh - but service can be slow if very busy. The decor is diner/wood lodge and ambience depends on how many people are there.
Beware... the Ladies washrooms are very cramped.... and if even a little overweight - it is a tight squeeze.
Well worth the visit for a great allday breakfast

Visited February 2012
Campbell River, Canada
“Avoid the poutine, enjoy the clubhouse”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I paid extra to have the fries upgraded to poutine. It clearly states in the menu that the poutine uses cheese curds. When I received my meal, the poutine had shredded cheese on it. Shedded cheese and gravy does not make poutine. I would have clarified this point if the menu had not been clear about the use of cheese curds. I asked the waitress where the cheese curds were and she went to ask the "chef". I was informed that they used shredded cheese curds!! That is the most rediculous things I have ever heard. I explained that I would not have ordered poutine if I had known it was going to be shredded cheese. I was still willing to eat the fries, gravy and cheese (I can't call this poutine since its not) rather than throw it away, but I was not willing to pay for it. She went and saw the "chef" and then told me that I could not keep the fries if I was not going to pay for them. They wanted to scrape them off of my plate and give me plain fries instead. I could not believe this. What a waste of food. Have an accurate menu and this would not happen. I got a bit irate with all of this and they decided to let me keep the fries, but when I got the bill, they charged me for the gravy. What a cheap, petty, annoying thing to do. I steadfastly refused to pay for the gravy since it was part of the "poutine" that wasn't. They finally gave in without any sort of apology about having an innacurate menu. Too bad considering they have one of the best clubhouse sandwiches in town. Just hope you don't have a problem with anything or you will have a fight on your hands.

Visited August 2011
Victoria, Canada
“Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Average place to have breakfast, I have had to sit in a both that is in bad need of repair and it snagged my nylons so that didnt make me to happy to start the day

Campbell River, British Columbia