“Such a beautiful place and options for arts, adventure, recreation, fishing”
Review of Campbell River

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Campbell River, BC
2 helpful votes
“Such a beautiful place and options for arts, adventure, recreation, fishing”
Reviewed 27 May 2010

I have been visiting Campbell River at least 3x a year since 1996 and finally had to make it my home in 2005. It has all of the great things that a BC adventure mecca could offer but still has the same small town feel that I grew up with back east.

We never lack for things to do whether it's the arts, hiking in the mountains or in the rain forests amongst ancient cedars, kayaking (on one of 200+ lakes or the ocean), fishing (we are the salmon capital of the world!), whale watching, mountain biking, shopping, skiing, snowmobiling, etc. The people in the community are so friendly too. I loved visiting Campbell River but love being a resident even more.

BC, Canada
18 helpful votes
“Things for families to do in Campbell River”
Reviewed 3 August 2005

I noticed that there really isn't a lot of information about things to do in Campbell River, and since I've lived there, I thought I would give some tips.

Elk Falls is a nice area, but often really difficult to find. I recommend you get a map. There is a campsite, but the falls themselves are actually farther up the highway and not very well marked.

The Pier in Campbell river is a nice walk. You can fish off of it, and if you don't have your own gear you can rent it. The ice cream cones out here are great-it's also a nice place to watch for Orcas should you be lucky enough to be there when a pod is going through

The sea walk goes through town from the south end to the pier. The walk can be nice, but it is along the highway that goes right through town. The locals use it to ride bikes and roller blade.

Shopping really isn't that wonderful in Campbell River, you are better off going down the highway to Courtenay and Comox and checking out Fifth street (like many of the locals do).

Strathcona Gardens is a nice pool/arena comples that is worth a visit if you have kids. There is a large warm kiddie pool, a slide, diving boards, rope swing, etc.

Campbell River itself is a nice enough place, but when we lived there we somehow consistently found ourselves doing things in Courtenay and Comox. Probably the very best thing to do here is visit the museum.

2 Thank scatteredmom

Been to Campbell River? Share your experiences!