“Beautiful hotel, very clean, BUT”

Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
BC
“Beautiful hotel, very clean, BUT”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed for one night at this hotel, complimentary due to a convention we were attending. The location is excellent, right off the freeway. The hotel parking is an issue, we had to park away as so many people making use of the attached casino filled up the parking lot. Not a huge issue, just a little irritating? The hotel is beautifully decorated on the inside, trendy purples and reds, with glass and rock everywhere. The staff are excellent. Whoever is the HR manager deserves a medal, as they have assembled a top notch team- throughout the hotel and the casino the service was excellent. Check in was a breeze, and our room very clean. My only complaint- you can hear everything in all the rooms, the hallway, and the elevator while you are in your bed trying to sleep! Our neighbors talking, the ding of the elevator, (and it was 1/2 way down the hall) and anyone walking and talking in the hallway.....EVERYTHING. To the point that people just walking on the carpeted hallway woke me up as it freaked me out as it sounded like they were in our room! It is really too bad, as the hotel has everything else going for it. If only the builder had put some extra money into soundproofing, had they done this I doubt I would venture to stay anywhere else Vancouver area! For this BIG reason, I will not venture to stay here again, no sleep makes an otherwise fantastic experience a poor one.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank lfjoliver
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre and for taking the time to post your review. I was very happy to see you found our team to be excellent, I will be sure to share your comments with them. I am very sorry to hear you did have a good night's sleep due to noise. If ever you have a concern please let us know right away and we will ensure we find you a room that better suits your needs.

I really hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back again. I am sure we will be able to exceed your expectations.

Paul Gallop
Operations Manager
Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Lake Cowichan, Canada
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I was there on business - it was fantastic - first class all the way - Ekta at the front desk was super helpful and pleasant - there was no feeling like they were trying to save a buck anywhere - valet was the way to go - I could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: 504 not the greatest view but I was in a conference the whole weekend not at the window
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
SeaTac, Washington
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We were recommended to stay at this place by a Canadian friend. We went up for my husband to attend a meeting, and for me to have a place to stay and have some fun while he was busy. The rooms were lovely, and the lobby area was very pretty. We asked for a "room with a view" at a senior discounted price. We did not have a reservation. We had a room on the ninth floor and had a lovely view. I was happy when my husband left to go to his meeting so I could go down and play at the casino. The whole place was non-smoking! That was especially nice. Smokers could go out on a veranda and smoke and we didn't go home smelling like their smoke. The casino had lots of different games than what we have in Washington, and of course some of the old standbys. All the staff at the hotel and in the casino couldn't have been nicer. We have traveled extensively the past two years of my retirement, and it is surprising how many rude people can be in this business, so when you get one that is nice, it is important to let others know. I guess that is why I do these reviews. We will return to this place every time we go to Burnaby from now on.....

Room Tip: Ask for what you want, and I believe they will do their best to accommodate you - they want you to w...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank roch2772
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We spent one night at the Delta Burnaby to celebrate my inlaws 75th birthdays and we cannot say enough good things about this hotel! They had a card and birthday cake waiting in my inlaws room, my kids were given a 'welcome pack' at check in with a book and toys, plus vouchers for bedtime milk and cookies. Each adult was given a $5 slot voucher as well.
The rooms were perfect; beautifully decorated and clean, and the bed was very comfortable. Even though our room was on the freeway side you'd never know, it was very quiet.
At EBO Restaurant kids eat free and their portions are enough for an adult. Each was given a fun to-go cup and the waiter, Grant, was kind enough to refill them for the road. The food was fantastic and excellent value.
Every staff member from check-in, to room service, to casino, to check-out was kind and helpful.
I'd recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a getaway close to home!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Even though I stayed for just one night in this hotel during a business trip to Burnaby, I'd rate this hotel as one of the nicest in the area. Right from the time I checked in till I left the hotel, my experience was simply great. The staff are very friendly and ever ready to help and offer their services in the best possible way they can. The rooms are clean and very well maintained. Downtown view from the eighteenth floor was breathtaking. The EBO restaurant was simply superb with their fresh sea food and fine collection of wines. I'd any day recommend this place to anyone and everyone (though bit pricey :( )

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the highest level available ,,,, view is simply great.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have been staying at this hotel every time I travel to Burnaby. It truly is home away from home.
Friendly staff and a great place to stay.
Since I figured out their motto of "Our kitchen is your kitchen" I stopped ordering from the menu. I decide what I want to eat and 9 out of 10 times the chef will get that.
Love Sarah at EBO, great service and always mindful of your preferences.
Rose makes my day by making my breakfast just right.
Laura at the signature club makes sure you are at ease like you would be at home.

Room Tip: All their rooms are just awesome. The signature club rooms are even better.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Wasn't my first choice to stay for business, but was surprised how quiet the rooms were. The check in was effortless with the staff being very friendly and informative.
My biggest complaint was the restaurant. Breakfast service was brutally slow and was not open for a later lunch. Our lunch party needed to go to the restaurant in the casino.

Wear purple when checking in.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Maywood
#1 of 89 in Vancouver
5.0 of 5 bubbles 3,655 reviews
Bridgeport
River Rock Casino Resort

Been to Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!