“Pleasantly Perfect”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
Pittsburg, Kansas
“Pleasantly Perfect”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

From the check in, more than helpful staff going out of their way to help, nice security measures in place such as needing your key to use the elevator and other hotel guest only perks, this hotel has earned their diamond awards. The room was perfect, enjoyed the bed, view was nice. I would stay there again at any time and maybe the suites as an upgrade to myself

The only negative I saw was that my USA credit card wasn't accepted, so when I put down a cash deposit for the room, I got a really bad exchange rate. I could have walked into the casino for a better rate. I personally don't think that was fair, but a very VERY minor complaint at best

I booked through an online deal which had a great rate to boot

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
FOMRBDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the wonderful feedback and as a full service four diamond hotel, we strive to provide a memorable experience to our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre.
We do accept all the major credit cards including from US so if I may suggest for you to contact your card issuer to find out the reason for it not working. I am available for help as well so please contact me if I could be of any assistance.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The hotel was great but yes, the cards have a little problem as they not always work. Aside of that no complaints. Clean, beautiuful view of the city, clean, spacious. Good cost for value ratio as hotels in Vancouber are way too expensive for what they offer.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband, son, and I stayed here on Aug 17. 2014. Initially we were ok with it. 134 for the night (although that was booked online, the best they could offer was 149) and we were able to check in early as we had plans that our small dog was not going to be able to join in on. They gave us a chocolate bone for her when we checked in and we put her in her kennel with the bone and left.
We did not get in until 1am. At that point we were dead tired, so we pulled down the covers and went to sleep. I woke up during the night thinking that I could definitely feel sand under my body. But it was 4am and my 3year old son was sleeping so I figured whatever, the sheets must have been in the wash with something else sandy and it got caught up. NOT THE CASE. When we pulled the sheets all the way back in the morning it looked as if a dog had drug it's butt across the sheets MANY times. There was dog hair all over and yes, sand. They had not changed the sheets. We were DISGUSTED.
We checked out and informed them of just how disgusting the sheets were. We told the manager that we did not want our money back, we just wanted them to do something/know about the nastiness. She informed us there would be an "investigation". Um, go look. Not too much investigating to do there.
She gave us a line about not being able to give us a discount because we booked online. We didn't want a discount. She wasn't even listening to us, just completely went on the defensive. So we told them to not bother calling but we will never be back. She actually asked us when we said we'd never be back, "ever??". Uh, yah. Never ever. ????
So instead of listening to us, again, they called. And blamed it on our dog, who was in her kennel, dragging the chocolate bone across the sheets that were not flipped back until we got into the room at 1am. It was not chocolate. It was dog crap drug across the sheets. But she insisted that it was our dog apparently wiping her chocolate bone across the sheets.
Again, we will never (ever) stay there again. And truly hope they get their act together because it's not an overly impressive hotel as it is. Spend the extra $100 and go to the River Rock, at least they know how to clean a hotel room there.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Katie L
FOMRBDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear Guest,
I apologize that we did not deliver a stay that we pride ourselves upon and have met as a team to go over your feedback in detail. I have also sent you a detailed e-mail respecting your desire to not be called and would love nothing more than you getting in touch with me so that I can apologize and go over the details of what happened and more importantly on how we intend to use it as a learning opportunity.
I assure you that our focus on cleaning standards is absolute and do pray for you to get in touch with me as soon as possible.

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We travelled to Vancouver to set my daughter up to begin University at UBC This took multiple visits and we stayed with this property on three separate occasions. The staff is tremendous and definitely goes the extra mile for the guests. I had spine surgery in April and was in this hotel in May and the beds were so comfortable I am considering purchasing one for my home. All in all clean, excellent staff and a comfy bed, and the price for the location is fantastic!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
FOMRBDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your continued patronage of Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre. With our unique location, you can access all parts of lower mainland easily and as you mentioned it is our colleagues exceptional focus on providing you a memorable stay that helps us earn your continued loyalty.

Toronto
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The hotel looked modern and stylish decor inside the front lobby. There was a Starbucks inside which was great to grab a quick drink, just wish they had longer hours as they tend to close early. Front desk staff were friendly and provided great customer service. Even though the hotel was fully booked I was able to get an extra hour for late check out which really helped!

Room: We got a deluxe king bed room, the decor was modern and the bed and linens was comfy. There was a small fridge and also coffee maker. Wish there was a kettle or at least something that could make hot water or tea like a small K cup coffee maker. The bathroom was average, nothing special, wished there were more than 2 bath towels provided. We were on the 14th floor right across from the elevators which I thought would be disturbing from the front traffic of people coming on and off the elevator but surprisingly it was really quiet. Only once did I hear people coming back from a late night to their room but it wasn't bothersome as they retreated to their rooms. Overall, the room was clean, and provided us with a comfortable place to sleep so we were happy.

Parking: We didn't have a vehicle with us but we were told that there was free parking across the street in the Casino parkade.

Shuttle: We utilized the free shuttle that came every hour starting at 11am to MetroTown, which actually dropped you off in front of Hilton Hotel across the street from MetroTown mall or at the Brentwood Skytrain station. We caught the Skytrain from at MetroTown to go downtown which was very cost effective and quick and caught the shuttle back to the hotel. The shuttle ran pretty late on Fri, Sat and Sun (12am) and 9:40pm M-Thurs. The shuttle was always on time and never too crowded. Very convenient service. I would definitely stay here again for that!

Gym: The gym had a variety of exercise equipment like a treadmill and weights. There was also a hot tub but we didn't use it and sauna but it was under construction.

We didn't dine (there were a couple restaurants in the hotel and Casino) nor did we go to the Casino but those would only be the form of entertainment as there is nothing really around the area within walking distance. Overall, a very nice hotel and we would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I appreciate you providing such a detailed and glowing review of your recent stay at the Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre. Even with all the wonderful amenities like Starbucks, ebo restaurant and Fitness Centre, it is our colleagues that are exceptional in their dedication to provide you with a memorable experience.
I look forward to welcoming you again and thank you for your patronage.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped between camping experiences and the break was enhanced by the smooth professional behavior of the front desk staff. We needed a baggage cart which was produced quickly and retrieved afterward by a bellman. The hot tub was very clean and empty except for us. Parking was across the street at the casino and easy to get to. We booked online and found the process simple.
Even were able to see the fireworks from the 11 floor!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The in-room air-condition was so loud and much noisy in both of our two rooms at 26th floor, we complained to the front desk receptionist on the second morning, their responses was all the rooms are the same, and all they did was provided us a fan. We did not have a good rest in all three nights. Also the lobby had a sign labeled "Gift shop", but in reality there is none. There is construction going on from 2nd floor to 4th floor, one of the elevator will not stop in those floor, to get to the hot tub (no swimming pool) or exercise room is not convenience. This hotel is attached to Grand Villa Casino, the casino itself is huge with all you can eat buffet, but children under 17s are not allow, hotel restaurant EBO menu have not much choices, but the waiter Michael provided excellent services. If you like gamble, this is the place to stay, otherwise is not recommend. Parking structure is free and located across street. I graded this hotel poor, not terrible, because overall they did provided excellent customer services.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
FOMRBDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Values Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for choosing us on your recent visit to Burnaby. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the level of service provided by our team. However, I am really sorry to hear that you encountered some issues with our air conditioning unit in your guest room and our team failed to provide a satisfactory resolution. Our maintenance team does regular and routine checks on our Air Conditioning units to ensure they are in proper working condition.

Due to gambling laws in Canada our legal age for entry into a casino would be 19years old and due to the setup of the casino and the restaurant selections within gaming area these would not be accessible by minors however they do offer the option of getting the food items to go for our hotel guests. However I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the e.b.o restaurant and the service provided. For your future visit please don't hesitate to ask for anything specific you may wish to eat as our culinary team would be more than happy to create something special for you as long as they have the necessary ingredients.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we do hope we get an opportunity to welcome you back in the future for a much bet overall visit.

Kindest regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Maywood
Fairmont Pacific Rim
#2 of 92 in Vancouver
Atrium Inn Vancouver
#58 of 92 in Vancouver

Been to Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!