“The recent remodeling makes for a relaxing, elegant stay.”

Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
Reviewed 14 October 2010

The rooms are recently refurbished and roomy, with classy furniture and decor. The staff was very helpful getting me local and public transport information. It seems they're working at bringing in clientele because they weren't that full, which I liked. Downstairs in the casino is one restaurant that serves burgers on the left and Vietnamese pho noodle soup on the right. That was nice to get those varying options. Though it's away from downtown, the hotel is near light rail that takes you there.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 October 2010

This was the first time that our original family of 5 met together to celebrate a special occasion. It is our 50th anniversary year. Our room was lovely, more than we had expected. As a family we had a wonderful time and the staff could not have been more helpful. The meals were incredible and staff throughout the hotel were so helpful and courteous. We will definitely try and revisit this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2010

When We (my girlfriend and I) arrived at our room, we noticed a cigarette smell from the room. At first, we thought we checked ourshelves into a room where smoking were allowed. We called the front desk to ask about the problem we’re having. We’re told all rooms in the hotel were non-smoking and that they would send someone to check it out in 5-10 minutes. We waited 30 minutes until we called again about the problem. They told us to wait another 5-10 minutes and we waited another 30 minutes. We called 1 more time and voiced our displeasure with the service that we’re receiving. They finally said they will switch our rooms and that still took them another 15 minutes before someone came in with a set of keys for another room. We were told it was busy at the front desk. It took 1 hour 15 minutes to fix our problem when it should’ve taken only a few minutes. Another than that, the quality of the room is not 4 stars as suggested. We should’ve known by the price we paid for it.

2  Thank ScottA72
Reviewed 31 August 2010

We have stayed at this hotel several times now since it was changed to a Delta hotel. There is a casino attached, which is a lot of fun. The restaurants serve excellent food - the live music on the weekends is hot. The rooms are very comfortable as are most of the Delta, and very quiet. The bed is so wonderful, I have asked for and received the details so I can get one myself. You can upgrade to the Signature floors (the top 2) and it includes appies from 4-7 with an honor bar (very good appies) and continental breakfast in the morning, with juice, great coffees, boiled eggs, cereals, cheese, muffins, toast, etc., plus newspapers and an excellent view of the city. Front desk staff are all very pleasant and friendly, parking for hotel guests is free. There is a parking garage on site where you can leave your car for a few days for free if you are taking a trip.

Reviewed 14 August 2010

First, the good: Free parking, if you park in the casino garage. Easy to get to by car (Take the TransCan via 15th Ave at Pacific Crossing in Blaine at the border---not the Peace Arch Crossing---if you're coming from the US: Google's default route is shorter but harder to folllow). Clean. Windows that open. A decent ATM in the casino (but bank ATMs are still cheaper to convert US dollars). Excellent service: We needed a few amenities like a corkscrew, and there was no problem. OK gym and outdoor hot-tub. Free Globe & Mail newspaper in the morning---an excellent choice for a paper junkie like me, but might not be relevant for someone touring Vancouver. Starbucks in the lobby.

Now, the bad. The showerhead didn't appear to be conservation-efficient. The hotel's location is in the middle of a suburban sprawl, except the closest restaurant outside the hotel is a McDonalds about a 1/3-mile away. There are two SkyTrain stations about 3/4-mile away, but the walking route is along a boring highway; a bus that goes to the station is a short, boring walk. This is not a city environment; Burnaby is like an upscale Terre Haute: There's no "there" there, unless you're really into American-style malls. There's no apparent way to turn off the loud music piped into the gym, so to watch the TV requires the volume to be very loud. The amenities shop is the worst I've ever seen, and the Starbucks in the lobby has absolutely nothing healthy---just awful-looking greasy pastry, no rolls, not even cookies. The so-called business center appeared to be two computers that you have to pay for; they're located in the convenience store.

Reviewed 12 August 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Delta Burnaby in August of 2009. This is by far one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at.

The decor in the hotel is gorgeous, the beds are incredibly comfortable and the restaurant is absolutely exquisite. The staff in the hotel are very friendly and extremely accommodating. While my boyfriend and I were in the lounge section in the restaurant we were greeted by a staff member who actually sat down with us for about 15 minutes to tell us about the nightlife, entertainment and dining in the downtown Vancouver area. My boyfriend and the staff member really hit it off and we ended up getting complimentary drinks. As well, we called down to the bell desk on the first day there and my boyfriend asked the bellman to give us complimentary internet, and he didn't even hesitate to give it to us. It was such a great stay!

There was also free parking at the casino across the street, and there was a Starbucks in the lobby.

There were a few downfalls to this hotel. First off the location is a little far off from shopping and dining. The skytrain station is a 15 minute downhill walk (uphill coming back) and there isn't a bus stop near by to take you to the skytrain station, so we just walked. The second downfall was that there wasn't a pool. They did however have an outdoor hot tub and a dry sauna, but the hot tub was small and often crowded. The last downfall of this hotel is the location of the A&W fast food restaurant . It is located inside of the show lounge which you must be 19+ to enter, so families cannot get a quick bite to eat together.

All in all this hotel was a great stay and I would definitely stay at it again!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2010

First impression - Nice place! Front desk - Amazingly helpful and professional.
Unfortunately I can't rate things like the room as due to a credit card problem caused by the car rental shortly before, I couldn't post the required hold. After arriving into Vancouver eight hours late, All I wanted was a bed. The desk agents really empathized with me. Outside of lowering the room rate to the paltry amount left on my card, they tried everything - and I mean everything to try to get it to go through. Finally, they helped me find a room nearby that required a much smaller credit card hold. These folks helped turn my very personally frustrating experience into a pleasant experience. When I bring my wife back for leisure, I'll definitely be back to see if the rooms are as great as the staff.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Cali_Matt-O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Maywood
Element Vancouver Metrotown
Willingdon Heights
Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby
Maywood
Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown
Bridgeport
River Rock Casino Resort

Been to Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!