“Annual Dine Out with friends!”
Review of e.b.o Restaurant

e.b.o Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
e.b.o Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 601 Restaurants in Burnaby
Price range: US$23 - US$23
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Canada Way
Transit: Walking distance from both Gilmore and Bentwood town center sky train stations. Buses 25 125 & 130 stop at BCIT.
Description: Experiences Beyond Ordinary, where local ingredients find a fresh direction. Experience new boundaries at e.b.o. Share the Passion e.b.o possesses symmetry and harmony between Executive Chef, Vintner, and local food producer - sharing the same passion for quality, creativity and local sustainability. The Room Eclectic and sleek with warm rich colours. Lose yourself in a cozy banquette or dine in a semi private table enclosed with silk sheer curtains.
Burnaby
“Annual Dine Out with friends!”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We went for our annual Dine Out with friends. This year, we chose E.B.O restaurant, as it is close to home and would not have trouble finding parking.
I had the mussle appetizer. The presentation was fabulous. On a long, thin plate, with a few stones, and about 5 mussles. They melted in your mouth! My husband opted for the Mushroom soup. He thoroughly enjoyed it as well.
For the main, I had the sablefish. It came with rice and vegetables. The fish itself was quite bland, but with the Cajun sauce, although a little overpowering for my liking, it did give the fish a unique flavor. My husband had the sirloin steak and he said it was done to perfection.
There were 6 of us, and we decided to share a bottle of wine. The server was great, as he split up the cost of the wine on each of our bills, so we would not have to sit there and calculate how much each owed!
Would go back again, even though dine out is over for 2014.

• Visited February 2014

Guelph, Ontario, Canada
“Underwhelming for the cost - except for awesome breakfast potatoes”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Stayed at the Delta for a few nights so I ate breakfast here (pretty good Eggs Bennie, amazing potatoes) which was typically expensive for hotel breakfast (maybe $23). Heard that it was a good resto, so had one dinner there. Dining solo, the service was very pleasant (it isn't always). However, the seafood linguine was underwhelming. Nothing particularly wrong other than small, but for the hype and cost I expected more. Glad I was on an expense-paid business trip. To finish on a high note, when I declined dessert the server brought me a couple of beautiful cake pops or truffleson-a-stick to take up to my room for later.

• Visited January 2014
opsPGDeltaBUR, Manager at e.b.o Restaurant, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

It is always our goal to provide an experience beyond ordinary to all of our guests. I am sorry it appears in this case we fell short. I will share your comments with our team as I know we will do better if you are able to join us again in the future.

Paul Gallop
Operations Manager
Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre
Burnaby, British Columbia Canada
“Nice place for brunch or dinner”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I really like the ambience of the restaurant it is so relaxing and calming. The service staff are so nice and friendly and very helpful. What I really enjoy is that they don't rush you through your meal. When I go to a nice restaurant I want to sit and relax and enjoy the whole experience. The food is excellent. My friend and I have made this restaurant our place to take each other for our birthday lunches or dinners. It is so convenient being attached to the Grand Villa Hotel and Casino. It is also not to far away from the Gilmore Sky Train Station which is a good way to get to downtown Vancouver.

• Visited December 2013
Burnaby, Canada
“Lovely ambience, but slow..”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I went to the E.B.O in Burnaby for Dine Out. The ambience of the restaurant was perfect! But the food came out really slow.. The appetizers were delicious (especially the mushroom soup & scallops. The main course was good too. The problem I had was in the dessert. The cake itself was delicious!! But the things they put on the plate.. seemed to overpower the flavour of the cake.. and didn't seem to match the flavour of the cake.. But it may just be my own personal preference..

• Visited January 2014
“Couldn't have been HAPPIER”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My Husbands Christmas Party was held at EBO January 25th, 2014. Its a beautiful restaurant, the service Sarah and Michel were TOP NOTCH. The Manager Joey was sooo professional. But most of all the food was above and beyond. The presentation, the taste.....cooked to perfection. We would without a doubt return to EBO for any of our staff functions or just on our own. Love Love Love this place. And the hotel itself was soooo very clean and very comfortable. A definite treat.