“Good but nothing special except for the service”

Reflect social dining + lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Reflect social dining + lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 652 Restaurants in Burnaby
Price range: US$11 - US$23
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Willingdon Ave and Kingsway
Transit: Reflect social dining + lounge is moments away from the Metrotown skytrain station. A quick walk through station square and you are here!
Description: Located on the third floor of the Hilton Vancouver Metrotown Hotel; with outdoor terrace seating in summer and offering Burnaby's best sunday brunch. Reflect offers the ideal setting to sit back and reflect with friends while enjoying a tempting array of world-class cooking with local and seasonal ingredients. The restaurant serves a daily breakfast buffet with a large selection of hot and cold items from eggs benedict, sausages, fruit cereals as well as fresh pancakes, omelettes or french toast served a la carte. Lunch has a selection of plates to share, sandwiches, salads and hot entrees. Dinner is relaxed and as formal or casual as you choose select from lamb to steak or as simple as a light salad. The private curtained room is intimate enough for small groups of 20 and the comfortable setting makes it ideal for work meetings, relaxing over a cocktail or meal, or meeting up with friends and family. We welcome dinner parties and family gatherings. Located at the corner of Kingsway and Willingdon and 5 min from Metrotown skytrain station.
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

This is the bisrto of Hilton Metrotown.

The bistro is situated on the 3rd floor with outside terraced sitting.

I don't understand this fondness for calling a restaurant social dining etc. It usually means a load of people talking and shouting at each other in a place with hard furnishing which echoes the sound as exemplified by Jason Atherton's restaurant chain in the UK.

I had fish and chips whilst my father had the black cod with scallops and my wife had the wild salmon. After a few mouthfuls, my wife complained that her dish was warm and not hot. The waiter offered to bring her a new dish which she declined. She was happy to have it warmed up in the oven/microwave. When it returned hot, she gave the food top marks.

The wine list was adequate and reasonably priced.

On the whole, it was a pleasant experience and the food decent.

Elizabeth S, Director of Outlets at Reflect social dining + lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Good Afternoon E8hlc,

Thank you very much for joining us for dinner and kind words about my team. I would love to discuss your experience further.

Please feel free to email me at Elizabeth.spooner@Hilton.com

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. We hope you come back soon and try our new Fall menu.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

I travel a fair amount and usual restaurants in hotels are generally a let down...but Reflect in the Hilton Metrotown is definately not.
My wife and I are there 2 of the 3 nights we were in town.
Their Beef Strogonoff was not your traditional stlye but was world class. I had it the first night, my wife had it the 2nd night. Little big of wide noodles, lots of perfectly cooked veggies and a large piece of fall apart, shredding beef. Amazing!
Caesar salad was also worth having a 2nd night too. Prices are fair $18 for vegetarian dishes to $35 for steak.
Very wide selection of appetizers, salads, sandwich/burgers or entrees.
Anton's is rates higher, but the food quality at Reflect is ten times better.
You must give Reflect a try.

Elizabeth S, Manager at Reflect social dining + lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Dear Lloyd W,

Thank you for your outstanding review! I will ensure that I pass your wonderful comments about our Beef Stroganoff to our kitchen team! Please feel free to contact me personally at Elizabeth.spooner@hilton.com to make your next reservation with us! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write on TripAdvisor!

Warmest Regards,
Elizabeth Penner

Reviewed 5 May 2017

Took a dear friend for a surprise lunch. Was disappointed to be seated in the bar area as they don't open the main seating area for lunch, not enough interest to warrant it. The food was good. One of us had the tacos and one had the club sandwich. I specifically asked for only two slices of bread so when it came with three I had to remove the other piece myself.

Elizabeth S, Manager at Reflect social dining + lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Dear Kimmie3,

Thank you for providing your feedback! This is uncharacteristic of our restaurant, and we always strive for your 100% satisfaction. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. Please feel free to contact me personally about your experience in our restaurant at Elizabeth.spooner@hilton.com.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

My wife and I were tired, so we decided to eat at the hotel instead of going out. Well, we were VERY glad we did. We were met by a very pleasant lady at the restaurant entrance who greeted us pleasantly and escorted us to our table, letting us choose exactly which table to sit at. Our server was with us in just a few moments and was a lovely person. From the Chech Republic, she said (we asked, because we couldn't lace her accent). I regret that I lost the card with her name or I would give her a mention. In any case, she was outstanding. Super pleasant, very professional (especially regarding the menu and specific dietary issues), and extremely efficient. The food was really good. When I gen an, "Oh, this is soooo good!" from my wife, I know it is good! She had the chicken and I had the fish. Mine was really delicious, nicely presented, and the fish and vegetables were done just so! I should add that the prices were surprizingly reasonable for the high quality of the food. This restaurant experience made our stay at the Hilton in Vancouver/Metrotown all the better. We will be back in Vancouver again in May and would not consider going to any other hotel, based on this experience. Note to management: VERY well done and thank you!

Elizabeth S, Manager at Reflect social dining + lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Dear alberthead,

Thank you for such a wonderful review! I will share your comments with Marketa and will ensure she is given the praise she deserves. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. Please feel free to contact me for any future booking at our restaurant or hotel at Elizabeth.spooner@hilton.com.

Thank you for your time.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 1 February 2017

Had 2 breakfast meetings - one with one person and one with 4 people. Restaurant is very nice - appropriate for a business meeting.

They have a nice buffet with fresh omelets while you wait. I ordered from the menu - basic eggs, bacon. They were very accomodating - replacing the potatoes with a little fruit.