“The usual good quality in a good location”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
Reviewed 24 June 2011

I stay in Holiday Inn hotels quite often when I travel and this hotel meets my expectations - clean, fairly up-to-date, professional staff, and the standard Holiday Inn Express breakfast. I am a Platinum Priority Club member and appreciate the small perks like room upgrades that are offered without having to ask. The non-smoking room was clean and very nice. Even though this hotel is located in the city suburbs it has a great location - fairly close to major roads and right across the street from a Sky Train station. We were downtown in less than a half hour. I appreciate not having to deal with too many surprises while traveling and the Holiday Inn Express brand, with their recent updating effort, meets my needs very well.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 June 2011

This is my second time in Canada and my second time to stay in a Holiday Inn Express Hotel. Last year I stayed in Holiday Inn Express Toronto-East and both Hotels give the best service.
To compare the free breakfast buffet though, this one's got the better tasting variety of food they offered! Their western omelets are divine and the cook/staff is always ready to smile and greet you every now and then.

The room that I had here had a microwave oven compared to the one in Toronto which is a shared one. Also, the room here had an equipped LCD TV and a fast wifi connection! The one in Toronto had the usual 29" TV and wired internet.

Although the one in Toronto feels more 'homey' because of its location, the one in Burnaby is more convenient for people who are always on the go--the busy malls and the metrotrain is just a few meters away-Talk about convenience!

I stayed for 5 days and I wished it was longer!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Hotelgalvancouver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2011

It is a pleasure to hear from a guest that had a great stay with us. We have had a lot of guests let us know that having a fridge and microwave in every room is very convenient for them, and that our hot breakfast buffet being free for all guests really creates great value for them.

We hope to see you again when your travels next bring you to our area. With the Metrotown Sktrain Station and Metropolis Shopping Centre connected to our hotel by a covered walkway, we truly are one of the most convenient locaitons in the Vancouver area.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2011

Breakfast was great - nice room to have breakfast with friends. The staff was so friendly. Sky Train was across the street and so easy to get around Vancouver. Metrotown was adjacent and gave access to many restaurants as well as shopping. Super bedding - slept like a baby. Free wifi was a bonus.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Hotelgalvancouver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2011

Thank you so much for your kind words. It is always a pleasure to hear that we have succeeded in creating a great hotel that guests love. Our team works hard to try to make your stay, and I'll make sure they see your review. Many of our guests love the convenience of staying with us when in the Vancouver area becuase of our location being directly connected to the Skytrain at Metrotown, and BC's largest shopping centre, Metropolis at Metrotown. When you consider all the free amenities (free buffet breakfast, free undergroup parking, free wireless internet, and free local calls) it's a great value.

We look forward to your return visit,

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 April 2011

Hotel redirected my call many of times to their central office and put me on hold for 20 minutes. Then told me that our parties rooms would be next to each other or across the hall and when we arrived for our stay that was not the case. Then they told me that it was central reservations fault for that, not theirs (same company, no??) And we had then spoke with the manager who told us she would get back to us with a resolution in a day or two and it has now been 5 days with no word from her. They should at least give us the respect of an email back and say nothing can be done rather than avoiding the situation. Bad Service!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kristin7777
Hotelgalvancouver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2011

Thank you for getting in touch with us directly so that we could respond to you appropriately. We offer our sincere apologies for not getting back to you sooner, and thank you for reaching out so that we could once again obtain your contact information in order to do so.

While we make every attempt to comply with all reservation requests, sometimes there is a misunderstanding between our Central Reservations Office and the hotel. We thank you for calling us directly to check on your arrangements and encourage you to do so whenever you have special requests at any hotel so that there is no misunderstandings when you arrive.

I am glad we were able to resolve your issues so that we could welcome you back again when you next visit our area. We strive to please all of our guests and whenever possible, to arrange for any special requests you may have.

Thank you.

Reviewed 23 April 2011

I chose this hotel as a cheaper alternative while attending a convention in the area. At first I was a bit put off by the noise of the Skytrain and the bus loop for the mall but after one day, I had tuned it out and it didn't bother me at all. The room was fantastic. The bed was so comfy that I just wanted to spend all day in it. Having a fridge and microwave available was a real plus. Also, the breakfast buffet was great! They had everything and the fact that it was complimentary added real value to the hotel. I'd love to come back anytime!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Hotelgalvancouver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2011

Thank you so much for your kind words. We like to think that we're the best choice for guests visiting the Vancouver area due to our great location, directly connected to the Skytrain at Metrotown, and to BC's largest shopping centre, Metropolis at Metrotown. The added value of a free hot buffet breakfast, free underground parking, free wireless internet, and free local phones calls makes the Holiday Inn Express Metrotown a great choice for visitors and those travelling on business. We have rooms on the north side of the hotel that offer mountain views and quiet enjoyment for everyone.

We hope to see you again when your travel plans next bring you to our area.

Best regards,

Reviewed 31 March 2011

Hotel was ok, had a "skylight room" which was a dungeon with a window 14 feet up the wall. Other than that, room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very average for an Express, there is certainly better and got boring very quickly. Bed was very comfortable and staff friendly. Good location to Metrotown Mall and skytrain. Pool was very cold, couldn't use it unless you like 70 degree water.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank GusGristle
Hotelgalvancouver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2011

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. The 'skylight room' that you stayed in is the only one of its kind in our hotel. It does have only a skylight, while all of our other rooms have large, bright windows - all of them opening to allow fresh air into our guest rooms. As this is such an unusual room, it is priced slightly lower than all of our other rooms, but it is quite popular with those that want a very quiet stay.

I am very sorry that the pool was not up to temperature when you stayed with us. We do try to keep the pool at the 85 to 90 degree range, however, it seems that this was not the case when you stayed with us. We were having some work done on our heating system, and I apologize that the temperature had not yet risen to a more comfortable level during your stay.

I'm sorry that you did not find our breakfast selection to your liking. With the recent addition of pancakes to our menu, most guests find our complimentary hot buffet breakfast to be very satisfying, adding great value to their hotel stay. In addition to pancakes, we offer scrambled eggs or omeletes, bacon, sausage, biscuits, warm cinnamon rolls, hot cereal, a selection of cold cereals, breads, pastries, croissants, yoghurt, hard boiled eggs, fruit, juice, milk, coffee, tea and hot chocolate.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 March 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times on trips to Vancouver from the UK. As a platinum PC member I am always recognised as such when I arrive by smiling and helpful staff. Upgraded room always follows and rooms are large, clean and comfortable.
I look forward to staying hereagain on my next trip.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Maywood
Element Vancouver Metrotown
Willingdon Heights
Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby
Atrium Inn Vancouver
#58 of 92 in Vancouver
The Met Hotel
#2 of 3 in New Westminster

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown? Share your experiences!