Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown
US$163
Orbitz.com
US$120
TripAdvisor
All reviewsskytrain stationacross the streetfree parkingright next doorfree breakfastpancake machinelight sleeperthe breakfast areaexcellent locationlarge tvbeds were very comfortableconvenient locationfridge and microwavewould stay here againthe room was nicefront desk staffbig mall
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Will Make this very short ..great to be by metro town..but the noise was terrible no sleep at all..complained nothing was done about it..never told us this issue...never again ..the staff was not the greatest either. I always stay down town Vancouver sky train to metro 15 mins worth staying downtown Vancouver ..

Room Tip: pay a little xtra and go somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank unhappy445
Hotelgalvancouver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

I am very sorry that you were bothered by noise during your stay. There is construction in our area, and particularly, a demolition that is going on for a brief period in our area. We have put a notice on our website advising that there may be construction noise from 8 am to 5 pm Monday to Saturday. I am sorry that you did not see this notice so that you were prepared before your arrival. We also have a notice in our lobby about the construction in the area.

Unfortunately, we have no control over when construction or demolition will take place in our neighbourhood. We have worked with the surrounding properties to ascertain when noise is likely to occur, and to advise our guests. Also, the construction noise is not consistent. Some days, there may be audible noise for a few hours, and some days there is no noise. In any event, it does not start before 8 am and finishes at 5 pm each day.

Everyone at this hotel strives to do the best we can and to control what we can. We are very sorry that you were less than comfortable during your stay with us. We hope that if you do decide to stay in our area again, you will let us know so that we can discuss what activities are going on nearby so that you can be completely comfortable.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 10 May 2013

I always stay here when I travel to Burnaby on business. The location is great - right in the center of Metrotown and several restaurants. While I usually rent a car and enjoy the free parking, the Skytrain station is right across the street so you can take the train from the airport. Service is good, rooms are nice and clean, free breakfast is decent - I have no complaints.

Room Tip: Room 623 has 2 outdoor decks that give a nice view of the area
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Hotelgalvancouver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests that they thoroughly enjoyed their stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in our area.

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 May 2013

This hotel is in a great area! Quick access to the Mall and SkyTrain. Surprisingly, the noise from the SkyTrain is hardly noticeable from the guest rooms. The bathroom is large and the room layout is spacious. While the pool is a great aspect to this hotel; the newly renovated gym could do with some work. There are no free wieghts of any kind - only a treadmill, elliptical, and a multi-use gym. Also, although the breakfast was included, i found myself eating at the A&W down the street. The breakfast was definately something I would like to forget.

Although there were many great attributes to this hotel in sense of comfort, they were all over shadowed by the cleanliness of the room. The morning after our first night, I had noticed blood on the shower curtin while having my shower. We then noticed that there was also a large amount of blood on one of the bed skirts and the floor below. As we were in a rush to work, stopped by the desk in the late afternoon. Desk staff did not offer to move. instead took the skirt off, exchanged the shower curtain, but left the floor stain while we went for dinner.

Would have been nice to move, or to have recieved a call confirming we were satisfied with what had been done. Had to ask again the next morning if they had sanitized the stain or not.

This is obviously an isolated incident; however, I wish the staff had handled it better. Not sure of too many people who would want to stay in a room that had these problems.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Hotelgalvancouver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I would like to sincerely apologize for the oversight on properly servicing your room. This is, as you say, an isolated incident and I assure you this is not to our normal standard.

I am also concerned that you did not enjoy our breakfast. Most of our guests find something quite pleasing from our menu of freshly made pancakes, scrambled eggs or omelets, bacon, or sausage, warm cinnamon rolls, assorted muffins and breakfast pastries, yoghurt and a selection of cold and warm cereals.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to host you again when you are next in our area so that you can see what many other travelers experience again and again - our warm, friendly service and clean, comfortable rooms in one of the lower mainland's most convenient locations.

Regards,

Reviewed 7 April 2013

I had high expectations for this hotel and was looking forward to my stay.

Noise: neither of us had a good sleep on account of the sky train noise and the incessant clatter of the heater. It would kick on and off about every 10 mins and wake us up. We couldn't turn it off because it was sub-zero in our room and there wasn't much for blankets to keep warm.

TV: It was as if the cable wasn't hooked up? Half of the channels on my channel listing didn't exist, there was just static. The channel I chose to watch was OK but still very fuzzy as though I was watching it through an antenna rather than cable hookup.

Internet: quick connection - only skipped out a couple of times (we were on the top floor so still pretty good)

Breakfast: not as good as I was expecting. I thought there would be waffles or pancakes with the "hot" notation but instead there were hash browns and omelettes/eggs which were OK

Location: very proximal to mall and skytrain. I was looking forward to using the tunnel overpass to avoid going outside but this was closed off.

Cleanliness: Seemed very nice and clean but I did find a lighter from a previous guest under the bed (just past the bedskirt). The beds have a "kickplate" around them so nothing can go under them - I can only assume from this find that they didn't change the bedskirt between guests. There was also a mystery stain on the ottoman in our room. I would rather have no ottoman than a stained one

only had one bathrobe which was odd. Nice complimentary toiletries though

Overall the hotel is nicely renovated and the bed was soft, but despite this I did not have the most comfortable stay. Would only consider going back due to the location.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotelgalvancouver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Thank you for your candid comments on your hotel stay. I am sorry that it was less than comfortable for you. We have rooms that face the mountains, which would avoid the skytrain noise if you prefer. While not everyone is bothered by this, some guests are more comfortable on the north side of the hotel. Our heating and cooling systems do operate to a set temperature chosen by the guest. If the room heats or cools too much further than the chosen temperature setting, then the unit will come on to either heat or cool the room to keep it comfortable. We are available to set fan on the unit to remain on, which you may have found more enjoyable. I am very sorry to hear about your cable reception. All rooms in our hotel enjoy full cable service, however, it seems that your room required a re-set of the system. Occasionaly, our pay movie system will require a re-set for a specific room issue, and this would have fixed your reception issue. I am sorry that you did not alert us so that we could change this for you.

Our breakfast includes many hot items, including scrambled egges, omelettes, hash browns, bacon, sausages, and hot fresh pancakes. We also offer a number of gluten free items for our guests' enjoyment..

We do hope that we can host you once again when you next visit our area. We would be happy to discuss a room selection that would be more comfortable for you, and look forward to having you with us again.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

Th Hotel was clean and very close to the mall and the sky train. My daughter and her friend had plenty to do while I visited my son. The pool was excellent and had a geat view of the city.

Parking was free at this Holiday Inn. The other nearby hotels were charging to park on top of the room fee. (NOT COOL).

I have stayed here before and always enjoy it. They recently remodled the breakfast area and did a great job.

Staff and room was comfortable. I was acknowleged as a Platnum member and upgraded withouthaving to ask.

Room Tip: I you can the top floor has the view
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your kind words. I very much appreciate you taking the time to let others know how much you enjoyed your stay. We are excited about the renovations to our breakfast room, and to our fitness centre. Over the next 12 months, we hope to complete renovations to other areas of our hotel, so watch for great new changes coming! We hope to see you again when you next stay in our area.