Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown
  • Breakfast included
Cassandra Hotel(Vancouver)
2400 Motel Ltd.(Vancouver)
  • Pool
All reviewsskytrain stationacross the streetfree parkingright next doorfree breakfastpancake machinelight sleeperthe breakfast areaexcellent locationlarge tvbeds were very comfortableconvenient locationfridge and microwavewould stay here againthe room was nicefront desk staffbig mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2008

Great location close to skytrain. We booked as we have stayed in Holiday Inn Express in various UK locations for a number of years. Basically, you know what to expect and Metrotown HIE similar to rest. Where it let itself down was in the breakfast buffet, which was fine foodwise........ but PLASTIC CUTLERY. No excuse, all HIE's in UK have stainless steel cutlery as standard. May seem a petty complaint but in this day and age you expect better. On the whole the hotel is fine, clean, well located and relatively quiet.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2008

I booked this hotel due to its location as I was on business in neighboring Coquitlam, and staying in downtown Vancouver was looking a bit too pricey. On previous trips to the area I had stayed in Langley and the traffic was such a killer that I wanted something closer.

I stayed at this hotel for two weeks. Some areas are in need of renovations, but overall it was neat and clean. The staff was friendly enough. Standard fare for breakfast. Free wireless internet in the room, only once was I unable to get connected. Ample free parking in underground garage beneath the hotel. The workout room is small with old-ish cardio equipment: one treadmill, one elliptical, one bike, and a stack of free weights.

My room was a bit odd as I was given a handicapped-accessible room, so the room itself was bigger than normal, but everything was built for someone whose eye level is four feet off the ground. Not bad, just odd. The bathroom had a very small vanity but the nice big showerhead that all the HIE's have nowadays.
Only one annoying experience during my stay, in which the fire alarm began going off around 10:30pm. At first the front desk said it was a false alarm, but the siren continued to go off. Apparently the fire alarm system in the hotel is attached to the Metrotown mall next door, so the hotel itself has no ability to shut off or reset the alarm. The saga ended with just about every guest in the hotel standing around the lobby because the elevators were locked out and the front desk staff had no idea where the keys to the stairwell were located. (Stairs apparently for emergency-use only; good thing this wasn't a "real" emergency.) Eventually we all got back to our rooms but the whole thing was a disorganized mess.

As a female traveling solo, I felt alright staying here. Being that Metrotown is right next door, the immediate area is full of dining choices and downtown is a short drive or SkyTrain ride away.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2007

We stayed here over Labor Day weekend, when bascially all the hotels (including this one) were fully booked. The room price was a bit higher than I like, and the highest of the nearby hotels in town, so I expected a bit more than the ordinary when I arrived. Overall, I found this to be a very adequate hotel. Nothing particularly special or unique about the room. We had the executive room with king size bed, which was quite comfy. The room itself was smallish, which was a bit of a surprise given the price. The bathroom modifications noted in another review were all there-- curved shower bar, new shower head-- nice, but again not extraordinary. I attempted to hook into the wireless service, but found it too much of a headache to get it to work (maybe that's just me, I don't know). In terms of positives, the parking was great-- free, gated, underground, completely hassle-free. The location is very nice, right across the street from the sky train, right next to the big mall, but no noise, traffic, or any other problems you might expect from that. We used the laundry room-- funny, because when I was in there, I wondered why they had installed a lock from the inside (I mean, who would want to lock themselves in a laundry room?), but then I read one of the previous reviews here, and I suppose they must have installed that lock in response to that user. Anyway, that was convenient, and we had our friends from the Hilton across the street come over to wash their laundry at our hotel. Plasma TV in the room was nice, if you're into that. Breakfast was perfect, full buffet with all the usual trimmings, and of course complementary. All in all I was very satisfied with the stay. But for $170 per night I expect to be more than satisfied, and therefore I can only rate this as "above average".

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2007

nicely located within walking distance of shopping and transportation. rooms were clean and service was efficient.
fitness facilities were skimpy, rather bad.

• Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank DelBueno
Reviewed 20 June 2007

The location of the Holiday Inn Metrotown was perfect - the mall was right next door, and it was a BIG mall. Everything from good food to good shopping. The staff were very kind, from checkin to checkout. Several times, we asked for directions and they printed them out for us everytime. Breakfast was also really good. And the rooms were beautiful, clean, and well kept. On top of that, their parking is free and its under the hotel; its completely insulated so that no sound gets out and into the hotel. All in all, perfect, and I highly recommend..!

• Stayed: June 2007