“Local getaway for two.”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
Surrey, Canada
“Local getaway for two.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a local getaway so that we were close to Vancouver downtown, yet in an affordable, full kitchen, luxury suite. With views of the North Shore Mountains, the east corner one bedroom suite has very impressive decor and layout. From the black marble counter tops to the tasteful window coverings and lighting, our 'getaway' felt luxurious.

If an occupant has mobility issues, then let the front desk know when reserving, as there is only one elevator in the centre of the building. The hot tub and gym are on the ground floor in a separate building on the north-west side which may also pose difficulties for mobility challenged guests, but the in-suite bathtub has a safety rail and other safety features.

The information book displayed in the rooms is the best I have ever seen with local eateries, parks, banks, transportation and other concisely arranged interesting information. There is an ABC Restaurant downstairs, although they do not deliver and Accent does not offer room service of food. The full kitchen has all you require for either heating up take out or preparing your own meals.

Accent Inns are locally owned and operated and offer an amazing "bang for your buck" with very competent, friendly staff in very clean and quiet rooms. An "A" for excellent rating from this middle aged couple!

Room Tip: East corner one bedroom suite was very private, quiet and spacious. All of the windows had some mou...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Perfect location for moving my daughter out of residence at SFU. The staff at the hotel were terrific from the start. Friendly greeting at check-in, helpful maintenance staff and excellent maid service. The rooms were spotless! The beds very comfortable with lots of extra pillows and the blackout shades helped keep out unwanted light and the coffee maker and fridge were an added bonus. No charge for parking was a definite bonus so I will definitely stay there again the next time I'm in Burnaby.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor are quieter, and there is an elevator for luggage and easy access.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Nanaimo, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I state here because my dog was in the nearby pet hospital. I was a little apprehensive, since I normally stay somewhere higher-end. I also had to book a pet room for the first night because I was travelling with my dog - something I don't do. Wow - what a surprise! The room was spotless - cleaner than many 4/5 star places, and the furniture was in excellent condition. The room was very pleasant and quiet too. The next night I moved to a room with a kitchenette, which again was lovely and very comfortable. I ended up staying another night, again with my dog and had another great room. Throughout the whole stay the staff were friendly and helpful and also gave me dog treats and 'doggy doo' bags and enquired after my dog's health, which was nice. I also used the gym and hot tub. Gym is tiny - 3 pieces of equipment and couldn't get stepper to work but better than nothing. Hot tub was lovely and also spotless. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank runningm0m
Abbotsford, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

The room is quite crowded with the two double beds. But it has everything that you need: small fridge, microwave, coffeepot; sink and mirrow outside the washroom. Also free apples and coffee at the reception area and lounge

Room Tip: good location
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Prince George
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed at the Accent as I was having a medical procedure at he hospital nearby. We were greeted by friendly staff. The room was clean and very comfortable. I love the pillows. Enjoyed the free tea coffee and apples at the office area. Welcoming reception area with comfortable furniture. Was given medical rate for room. Will definitely stay again. Janet and staff are great.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Coolbreeze45
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

What friendly and accommodating service in a comfortable setting! The highlight was free parking plus the free shuttle service to and from Pacific Coliseum for the Lady A concert. Lots of great restaurants nearby.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kchummel
Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

We did not have a reservation and were greeted by a very friendly desk clerk. We got a good rate. We were pulling a trailer and by the time we were done with check in the security attendant had flagged off an area for us. Room was nice, and clean. Bed ok but pillows were very nice. Will stay again.
Dan

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
JoanneWynn, General Manager at Accent Inn Burnaby, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear cooksd2,

Thank you for the nice review. We do have great staff and I'm happy they were as efficient and caring as ever!

I do hope we have made you a fan of Accent Inns - we have other locations in Victoria, Vancouver Airport, Kamloops and Kelowna. Please call our toll free number if you need reservations at 1-800-663-0298 - and thanks for taking the time to post your great review!

All the Best

Joanne Wynn
Accent Inns Burnaby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Willingdon Heights
Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby
Maywood
Element Vancouver Metrotown
Maywood
Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown
Atrium Inn Vancouver
#56 of 89 in Vancouver

Been to Accent Inn Burnaby? Share your experiences!