“Clean and friendly, but worn.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Accent Inn Burnaby

Accent Inn Burnaby
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
Nanaimo, Canada
“Clean and friendly, but worn.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is very clean and the staff is very friendly but the hotel is very much in need of updating. Also, it is not convenient to leave your children in the room to visit other rooms because the rooms open up right to the outside instead of inside the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Making the choice to stay in Burnaby was our first excellent choice. It was so handy to Transcanada as well as many areas of Vancouver.
We were travelling with a three year old so wanted something spacious, clean and reasonable in cost.
This hotel suited us so well. The staff were excellent. When we arrived after 10 hours of driving, our room wasn't ready but they quickly found another room for us.
The towels and linen were of very high quality. Bella was so nice as well as cleaning our room to perfection each day. I liked the spaciousness of the room as well as the sound quality.
Another great factor was the ABC Restaurant next door. We made full use of the it also the coffee and apples in the Accent Inn.
I was so pleased with Accent Inns and would definitely stay there again.
World Traveler from Calgary, Canada

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I don't usually care so much about the details or how outdated the decor. I just want a clean, comfortable room at a reasonable price. The room was very basic and everything was a little bit "meh". Nothing special about this place, but it was acceptable. I found the bed a little uncomfortable. I stayed solo in an other hotel on this trip and it was excellent compared to this for about the same price.

Coaldale, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We booked our hotel through expedia and everything was ready when we got there. Staff good throughout stay, 5 days. Room always promptly tidied up,bed comfortable,and nice to see security around. Would stay here again.

Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a local getaway so that we were close to Vancouver downtown, yet in an affordable, full kitchen, luxury suite. With views of the North Shore Mountains, the east corner one bedroom suite has very impressive decor and layout. From the black marble counter tops to the tasteful window coverings and lighting, our 'getaway' felt luxurious.

If an occupant has mobility issues, then let the front desk know when reserving, as there is only one elevator in the centre of the building. The hot tub and gym are on the ground floor in a separate building on the north-west side which may also pose difficulties for mobility challenged guests, but the in-suite bathtub has a safety rail and other safety features.

The information book displayed in the rooms is the best I have ever seen with local eateries, parks, banks, transportation and other concisely arranged interesting information. There is an ABC Restaurant downstairs, although they do not deliver and Accent does not offer room service of food. The full kitchen has all you require for either heating up take out or preparing your own meals.

Accent Inns are locally owned and operated and offer an amazing "bang for your buck" with very competent, friendly staff in very clean and quiet rooms. An "A" for excellent rating from this middle aged couple!

Room Tip: East corner one bedroom suite was very private, quiet and spacious. All of the windows had some mou...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Perfect location for moving my daughter out of residence at SFU. The staff at the hotel were terrific from the start. Friendly greeting at check-in, helpful maintenance staff and excellent maid service. The rooms were spotless! The beds very comfortable with lots of extra pillows and the blackout shades helped keep out unwanted light and the coffee maker and fridge were an added bonus. No charge for parking was a definite bonus so I will definitely stay there again the next time I'm in Burnaby.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor are quieter, and there is an elevator for luggage and easy access.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I state here because my dog was in the nearby pet hospital. I was a little apprehensive, since I normally stay somewhere higher-end. I also had to book a pet room for the first night because I was travelling with my dog - something I don't do. Wow - what a surprise! The room was spotless - cleaner than many 4/5 star places, and the furniture was in excellent condition. The room was very pleasant and quiet too. The next night I moved to a room with a kitchenette, which again was lovely and very comfortable. I ended up staying another night, again with my dog and had another great room. Throughout the whole stay the staff were friendly and helpful and also gave me dog treats and 'doggy doo' bags and enquired after my dog's health, which was nice. I also used the gym and hot tub. Gym is tiny - 3 pieces of equipment and couldn't get stepper to work but better than nothing. Hot tub was lovely and also spotless. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank runningm0m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Willingdon Heights
Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby
Maywood
Element Vancouver Metrotown
Maywood
Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown
Atrium Inn Vancouver
#56 of 89 in Vancouver

Been to Accent Inn Burnaby? Share your experiences!